Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low cost dedi (less than or $30)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low cost dedi (less than or $30)

edited March 2014 in Requests

I need a dedicated server for a pet project(s). The following specs are needed:

4GB+ of RAM

Atleast 4 cpu cores

Decent amount of BW

Preferably a decent network, though not absolutely needed.

I'm looking for this preferably on the east coast. I would've gone for delimiter's offer but it is no longer valid. Anyone else have anything to fit this offer? :)

*Preferred locations in order: Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, Dallas, [Anything not in this list could be talked about provided that it is not on the west coast]

**I will do VPS if there are 'dedicated' cores that I can use almost of all with the vps. This is because the project I'm working on uses 50%+ of one core per instance and I need to run 4+

***Provided that I am allowed to use like 60% of a vcore or vcpu in a vps, I can also use smaller vpses that have 1GB of RAM per, preferably in my first 2 locations.

However, I would prefer a dedi over VPSes if possible.

Comments

• edited March 2014

@Zen said:
    Is a dedicated server an absolute requirement? (Semi-dedicated KVM machine for example)

Not really; just need the cores to be somewhat dedicated as what I'm running on it uses upwards of 50% of a core per instance and I need to run atleast 4.

Edit: If it isn't a dedi hopefully the price will be slightly lower.

• @Zen said:
    Is a dedicated server an absolute requirement? (Semi-dedicated KVM machine for example)

Updated the post to reflect this.

• Your going to have a hard time finding a decent machine for for CPU usage at that price. :/

• edited March 2014

@MassNodes said:
    Your going to have a hard time finding a decent machine for for CPU usage at that price. :/

I can also do multiple smaller vpses providing I can use 50% of the vcore/vcpu it would give me

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    I can also do multiple smaller vpses providing I can use 50% of the vcore/vcpu it would give me

The issue is most hosts would consider that resource abuse. Dedicated core VPS aren't exactly as cheep as it sounds that you think.

• Only datashack comes to my mind with that budget + specs

one of their current $35 deals appear to be matching your needs, it is just $5 over your budget.

https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/

• @Mark_R said:
    Only datashack comes to my mind with that budget + specs

one of their current $35 deals appear to be matching your needs, it is just $5 over your budget.

https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/

I might look into that though I've heard some not so good things about their network.

• You should probably go with Datashack or WholesaleInternet. I personally use WholesaleInternet for some of my servers and I would highly recommend them especially considering the cost. They have some pretty good deals right now as well.

• https://www.kimsufi.com/en/ might also have something of interest for you

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    I might look into that though I've heard some not so good things about their network.

Yeah, I've had issues with their high % of Cogent bandwidth. Also their staff is horrible with network based tickets.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited March 2014

delimitervps?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @hostnoob said:
    delimitervps?

He said in the opening post that Delimiter didn't have any current offers.

• If not a dedi I can do a few vpses with ~1gb of ram and the ability to use the cpu up until about .9 load at most per vps (assuming one core)

• Zen: I'd rather not bhs, sorry. The applications I'm running are latency sensitive (monitoring, some test servers for games I'm working on, etc)

Thanked by 1Zen
  • @Void_Whisperer what about @drserver abusivecore vps's?

Thanked by 2Brad drserver
  • BradBrad Member

We can do a custom plan for you. You can run your CPU 100% for however long you need. Just open a ticket.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • @Brad said:
    We can do a custom plan for you. You can run your CPU 100% for however long you need. Just open a ticket.

I ll have to. Where do I open the ticket? I am not going to be able to order it for possibly a week or so depending on whst happens with what I am doing

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

We offer a $30 dedicated server, found here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/22869/29-cheap-dedicated-servers-quad-core-xeon-free-ipmi-unmetered-bandwidth-wow

I noticed that you're looking for 4GB RAM. If you mention this thread in the comments section of the order form, I'd be happy to upgrade you from 2GB to 4GB RAM on our RepriseLDED dedicated server.

• BruceBruce Member

@catalystium said:
    He said in the opening post that Delimiter didn't have any current offers.

wrong

• @Bruce said:

In other words, he missed the January special's cause he was looking at those x5150's.

• @BrianHarrison said:
    We offer a $30 dedicated server, found here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/22869/29-cheap-dedicated-servers-quad-core-xeon-free-ipmi-unmetered-bandwidth-wow

I noticed that you're looking for 4GB RAM. If you mention this thread in the comments section of the order form, I'd be happy to upgrade you from 2GB to 4GB RAM on our RepriseLDED dedicated server.

The only thing I don't like about that is the LV/SEA locations... I'd prefer to stay away from the west coast.

• @BrianHarrison said:

Is it possible for someone else to get this upgrade if he doesn't want it? :)

I really need a new dedi.

• I can offer you a VPS with 8GB of RAM, 100GB disk and 2TB bandwidth in my delimiter dedicated. 4 CPU cores and you would be the only VPS in it. PM me if interested

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    I need a dedicated server for a pet project(s). The following specs are needed:

4GB+ of RAM

Atleast 4 cpu cores

Decent amount of BW

Preferably a decent network, though not absolutely needed.

• 2 Dedicated Cores - 2 Shared
    • 6GB RAM
    • 150GB Disk
    • 3TB Bandwidth
    • It's a Decent network @ Atlanta, GA

$30 (Delimiter VPS Server)

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@0xdragon said:
    I really need a new dedi.

Sure thing -- if you could contact our sales department through http://www.reprisehosting.com/client/ we could get you online tonight with a ~$30 dedicated server.