Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZPanelX 10.1.1 has been released!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ZPanelX 10.1.1 has been released!

There is a new version of ZPanel, which is 10.1.1

Source: http://forums.zpanelcp.com/Thread-ZPanelX-10-1-1-has-been-released

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2014

Someone try it first..

P.S Vesta is shaping up to be more secure and interesting.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

And how's this relevant to thread?
    I never tryed this control panel however it's good to see it actively developed disregarding standard LET bitching trend about same things all the time. The more free hosting control panels actively developed the better.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • MunMun Member
    edited March 2014

Now featuring!

*added security functionality to automatically post your root password to a list of known hackers
    *removed old exploits
    *added new bigger and badder exploits
    *Will automatically install the crypto currency dependencies
    *has a random file calling @Joepie91 an idiot because he said we were insecure
    *added a easy to use dump all mysql databases .php file. Simply browse to
    http://yoursite.com/dumpdb.php. We even removed all needs for password, I mean what is security.
    *added use of easily exploitable cyphers on https:// connections.

We hope you enjoy your new features!

• "We are very excited about a ton of new features and changes coming to the zPanel project. In case you have not already heard, recently Hostwinds, a leading web hosting company purchased the zPanel project. (http://forums.zpanelcp.com/Thread-The-ZPanel-project-is-now-officially-owned-by-Hostwinds-com)."

• @Mun said:

Was there drama concerning @joepie91 and zPanel? I'm unaware... :(

letdrama

• Lipstick on a pig . . .

• Microlinux said: Lipstick on a pig . . .

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2014

Spirit said: I never [sic]tryed this control panel

Indeed

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Indeed

But you did and because of that you're going to bash them randomly whatever they do or don't do next 10 years, correct? Really productive contribution to someones work!

/rolls eyes

Thanked by 1akz
  • LeeLee Veteran

Look back through my posts on this site, I was a supporter then they refused to even discuss with many people the bugs in the software that were being identified, deleting posts and banning people from their forums for making posts about the issues.

I raised queries about issues where users were able to access each others DB's, got my post deleted and account suspended.

If they constructively dealt with issues then all good but they don't and that has been proven many times.

• @W1V_Lee fair point but should we beat them next 10 years for everything what they do or don't do? Just because..?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2014

Nobody is saying that and I am not making "just because" statements. In order to know whether they are better or more receptive they need to prove it first and change the tide of views.

You and I both know that there is no better testers than the people that like and want to use a panel like this. The question is whether Bobby and his team will continue to beat those people for daring to tell them something is wrong.

So far not so, but I will wait and see what the early results from this update are.

In terms of simple but effective panels out there there are really only two good choices from both a user and administration point of view. Zpanel and Vesta and Vesta does currently have the edge.

Other panels like ISPConfig are good, but to fiddly and unrefined.

• There is way to much circle jerk going on at let. If a provider or someone does something wrong once, people go after them all the time, even if their new post isn't related to their mistake. People just need to calm down and shut the fck up if they don't like what they see.

Yeah zpanel was buggy and stuff but who cares its not like all of us are paying everyday to use it or anything. It's free, use it if u like if not just shut the hell up.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @ksubedi said:
    There is way to much circle jerk going on at let. If a provider or someone does something wrong once, people go after them all the time, even if their new post isn't related to their mistake.

This!

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2014

ksubedi said: People just need to calm down and shut the fck up

ksubedi said: just shut the hell up.

How about you learn some manners, your temper is synonymous with your reasoning.

• @W1V_Lee said:

It does make me mad to see that zpanel devs are working hard to give us something free and open source, and here we are just complaining about things. If you really care about the software, how about contributing some code to make it better instead of complaining or at least filing bug reports. After all, its open source and there are multiple ways to contribute even if u are not a developer.

• LeeLee Veteran

ksubedi said: how about contributing some code to make it better instead of complaining or at least filing bug reports

You are clearly not even reading the comments. Let me try again.

W1V_Lee said: I raised queries about issues where users were able to access each others DB's, got my post deleted and account suspended.

• @W1V_Lee said:

I did see that post. My posts weren't directly pointed at you, I was talking about everyone who goes around saying zpanel sucks in general.

And in your case, if that's really what happened, maybe its time to fork their code and try to fix things.

• LeeLee Veteran

I want to believe this upgrade has addressed all of the previous security issues, I like Zpanel for many reasons and will adopt it if the feedback is positive.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    I want to believe this upgrade has addressed all of the previous security issues, I like Zpanel for many reasons and will adopt it if the feedback is positive.

I personally wouldn't use zpanel for anything more than testing. Its just not mature enough to use in production yet, but every software needs to start somewhere. At least they are developing it continuously. Hopefully someday they will be stable enough so that people will have one more alternative to what they already have.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • tommytommy Member

Another bad sign.
    hostwind if I remember correctly they allow spammer in their network, many spammer use them. They even give IP replacement if one of your IP blacklisted.

• PatsPats Member

tommy said: They even give IP replacement if one of your IP blacklisted

good sign.. :P

maybe will give it a whirl on one LEBox this wkend.. anyone can comment how good its on resource usage? can install on 128/256/512mb box??

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

Actually zPanel IS the number one source of hacked VPSes over here. From the top of my head, much more than half of the hacked ones run zpanel, a few kloxo and the rest had weak passwords with just a few exceptions.
    I have to strongarm people to stop putting it up (they get hacked reinstall get hacked, rinse and repeat) Quite a few moved their cohort of phishing sites and DDoS boxes that their VPSees became to other providers. maybe we should put up a new category in fraud record, zpanel user.
    This is a danger to the internet. a walking bomb. I dont know about this latest version, but when i see such a disastrous fare, I can't help but thinking it is just another polishing of the same stuff.

• @Pats - You can install it on 128/256/512, and you'd do well to tweak your Apache and MySQL for (low) memory usage under 512.

I installed 10.1.1 on a $9.95/yr 'super saver' from GVH yesterday. I'll roll the dice and see what comes up. if it all goes south, I'll ask for a new IP (if it's blacklisted) and reinstall w/VestaCP.

ZPanel did change the hostname in main.cf to match the hostname during installation, which IIRC was an issue with mail being flagged in SMTP exchangers for using the default control.yourdomain.com.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • PatsPats Member

Maounique said: should put up a new category in fraud record, zpanel user

Opps... i'll better not touch zpanel with that pole then....

guys!! see my record is clean.. :P

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited March 2014

MXroute_Jarland can't you just give a break? The last thing this forum need is you under multiple personalities.

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited March 2014

Yes MXroute_Jarland you just asked.

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited March 2014

MXroute_Jarland said: What are your thoughts on zpanel?

Since when you're interested in thread itself? My thoughts about zpanel are more or less the same as @ksubedi said.

ksubedi said: I personally wouldn't use zpanel for anything more than testing. Its just not mature enough to use in production yet, but every software needs to start somewhere. At least they are developing it continuously. Hopefully someday they will be stable enough so that people will have one more alternative to what they already have.

That's well said.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

ksubedi said: It does make me mad to see that zpanel devs are working hard to give us something free and open source, and here we are just complaining about things. If you really care about the software, how about contributing some code to make it better instead of complaining or at least filing bug reports. After all, its open source and there are multiple ways to contribute even if u are not a developer.

The complaints are because the ZPanel team did not take constructive criticism or security issues seriously, putting thousands of users at risk for no good reason.

Open-source or not, that is unacceptable.

Thanked by 2[Deleted User] Lee