Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXcore: East Coast Move ( from Buffalo to Piscataway Township, NJ )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXcore: East Coast Move ( from Buffalo to Piscataway Township, NJ )

Just got this email from ipxcore. Finally they are moving out of Buffalo. This means the 50cent plan getting a life again. @Damian since you own your IP now, is it possible to move the 50p plan across locations? just asking...

Hello ,

IPXcore is planning to move our East Coast location on March 21st 2014. We are moving simply because we have outgrown the current location. Moving data centers will allow greater bandwidth capacity and better network peers. Our current East Coast data center is located in Buffalo, NY and the new location is in Piscataway Township, NJ. The new location is actually closer to New York City than Buffalo.

Surely there will be concerns about the move. Your IP address will remain the same after the move. We anticipate about 8 - 11 hours of downtime. The following is our planned schedule of events:

7:30 AM EST: Initiate shutdown command on all servers.
8:00 AM EST: Begin unracking servers.
9:00 AM EST: Finish unracking servers and begin transport to Choopa.
4:00 PM EST: Arrive at Choopa.
4:30PM EST: Begin racking servers.
6:30PM EST: Finish racking servers and quality assurance check.

To counter the downtime we will be reaching out to select customers for early migration.

This does not affect our West Coast location. If you would like to be migrated to our West Coast location instead please open a support ticket.

As always open a ticket to reach out to us with any questions. We appreciate your patience and continued patronage during this immense move.

Sincerely,
The IPXcore Team

Comments

• said: @Damian since you own your IP now, is it possible to move the 50p plan across locations? just asking...

Sure, we can move you to San Diego... it'll have an IP change, but it'll be within the same netblock.

• @Damian said:
    Sure, we can move you to San Diego... it'll have an IP change, but it'll be within the same netblock.

great.. I will move with the crowd this time.. but I shall keep this in mind.. all the best for the move.. tell us juicy stories like how the pony guys did ;))

• BruceBruce Member

is choppa any good?

• ChanChan Member

@Debian
    Can I have a test IP of the new DC you guys are moving into?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Bruce said:
    is choppa any good?

Yeah.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2014

Great decision for IPXCore, look forward to your move and getting new services with you again! I am glad to see your finally leaving the clutches of ColoCrossing and moving onto a much better datacenter.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3jar MannDude ryanarp
  • bobbybobby Member

Nice move, congrats!

• Are you in Choopa via CC or just Choopa?

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • TheHackBox said: Are you in Choopa via CC or just Choopa?

You asked the ultimate question.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Neither, sharing a rack with SupremeBytes. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, because I'm not sure how much Damien wants me to divulge, but their networking administration knowledge and responsiveness to emergency issues fills the void that we have with our current provider.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

@Damian out of curiosity (if it's not secret) in what terms you're breaking up (I hope I wrote this correct) with your present provider?
    If for some reason you prefer to not talk about this I understand.

• tommytommy Member

Damian said: Neither, sharing a rack with SupremeBytes. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, because I'm not sure how much Damien wants me to divulge, but their networking administration knowledge and responsiveness to emergency issues fills the void that we have with our current provider.

waiting for test IP :) I don't see test IP on notification email

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Damian said:
    Neither, sharing a rack with SupremeBytes. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, because I'm not sure how much Damien wants me to divulge, but their networking administration knowledge and responsiveness to emergency issues fills the void that we have with our current provider.

It should be noted that IPXCore is not a customer of ColoCrossing and therefore any slow support response time is not indicative of our service. ColoCrossing is staffed 24 hours a day and able to respond rapidly to customer issues.

• marcmmarcm Member

Spirit said: @Damian out of curiosity (if it's not secret) in what terms you're breaking up (I hope I wrote this correct) with your present provider? If for some reason you prefer to not talk about this I understand.

The reply to this should be interesting.

jbiloh said: It should be noted that IPXCore is not a customer of ColoCrossing

And this should add even more to that interesting bit.

All I can say is that ColoCrossing support is extremely responsive and the staff is friendly.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Jack said:
    It's a known fact that IPX used CVPS and not CC directly.

You beat me to it.

The story of the previous move to Buffalo is somewhere on the forum.

• marcmmarcm Member

Jack said: It's a known fact that IPX used CVPS and not CC directly.

Shrug, I didn't know. Then again I don't keep track of others' peoples business.

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited March 2014

@Damian said:

I have two 50cents servers with ipxcore,so can i move one to San Diego,and another one to NJ?

Thanks.

• PatsPats Member

oh!! i also had the two 50cents but closed them in Bufallo.. as that time had many bufallos...

Now i feel lost the world!! :(

• What are the specs of these 50 cents vps?

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited March 2014

@trexos said:
    What are the specs of these 50 cents vps?

Only 32MB RAM and 2GB HDD DISK.

• tommytommy Member

World said: Only 32MB RAM and 2GB HDD DISK

free -m

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:            32         28          3          0          0         14
    -/+ buffers/cache:         14         17
    Swap:           32         14         17

df -h

/dev/simfs      2.0G  1.4G  706M  66% /

• WorldWorld Veteran

@tommy said:

Ah,OK,thank you.

• Thx :)

• 50cents vps in choopa? Yummy.

• WorldWorld Veteran

@GuanYu said:
    50cents vps in choopa? Yummy.

Yeah,but now you couldn't order this plan anymore.