Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone knows what is going on at Edis?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone knows what is going on at Edis?

edited March 2014 in Providers

The whole discussion is here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=f9aea965aa9f67864e2ae754d3e041d4&t=1352277

Short story: Paid for VPS, invoice also marked as paid... 10 days later, no reply to emails, ticket closed, no VPS and no refund...

Any one knows what is going on with them?

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

edis is a well known company here. I am sure William will get back to you.

• Since when is WHT/LET an support helpdesk for providers? I thought we had all those WHMCS panels for that already?

• I received an e-mail a while ago about a large number of people being on sick leave. Not sure if that's still the case.

• @The Red Fox: I know this is not a support forum for Edis. The reason I posted here was because I have exhausted my ways of contacting them.

• @technichristian said:
    The Red Fox: I know this is not a support forum for Edis. The reason I posted here was because I have exhausted my ways of contacting them.

When was the last time you sent them an e-mail?

• @mpkossen - That is sad to know. However, they should have at least sent a mail informing me about the situation, rather than keeping me in the dark.

• 5 days ago.

• @technichristian said:
    mpkossen - That is sad to know. However, they should have at least sent a mail informing me about the situation, rather than keeping me in the dark.

You weren't a client yet when that e-mail was sent I believe. So you missed it.

• Incoming bash to OP for a) not sending ID b) ordering out-of-stock plan c) being an abuser in 3, 2, 1

• I am an existing client with one VPS already. This is the second one...

• @technichristian said:
    5 days ago.

Try it again today and calmly explain what is going on. I'm sure they'll get back to you.

Otherwise @William may be able to tell us what's going on, but I'm unsure if he's currently active @ EDIS.

• @kerouac:

1. Wrong: not sending ID - No one asked for it. I already am a customer with a VPS with them. This is the second one I ordered.

2. Out-Of-Stock: Nope. The plan was very much in stock when I ordered it... The website did not show me as out-of-stock.

3. Abuser: Certainly NOT. My first VPS is still running fine with them... Zero abuse.

So you are wrong on all 3 counts.

• @mp: I am not sure... Will try again today.

• @technichristian said:
    kerouac:

1. Wrong: not sending ID - No one asked for it. I already am a customer with a VPS with them. This is the second one I ordered.

2. Out-Of-Stock: Nope. The plan was very much in stock when I ordered it... The website did not show me as out-of-stock.

3. Abuser: Certainly NOT. My first VPS is still running fine with them... Zero abuse.

He was not attacking you neither stating those things. He was saying you'd be bashed with all that non-sense by other people here, as always.

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • My apologies... Thanks luissousa for the clarification.

• Short staffed I believe - but you already know that from the other thread. Did you try their skype?

• PatsPats Member

said: no reply to emails, ticket closed,

i just read the summary u've posted here..

why don't u try again? as u mentioned last email sent was 5 days back.. open a new ticket or re-open the prev ticket again...

recently it happened to me with other provider, ticket got missing.. so i opened a new ticket and asked where is that ticket no... they told due to some software glitch it gone off the queue and then they put it back.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@craigb said:
    Short staffed I believe - but you already know that from the other thread. Did you try their skype?

@craigb - although I understand where you are coming from, but to be completely honest, if a host can't man their helpdesk ... why should clients find alternative methods?

But yes, go ahead and try their skype as well I suppose.

• Did you try to drive to their headquaters? You should show more effort here.

Thanked by 3mpkossen Drehmini Dylan
  • rsk said: @craigb - although I understand where you are coming from, but to be completely honest, if a host can't man their helpdesk ... why should clients find alternative methods?

I agree with this but OP stated he had tried all channels...and I wasn't sure if he had...

technichristian said: The reason I posted here was because I have exhausted my ways of contacting them.

• Thanks folks. I just sent them a polite email explaining my situation. They have apologized, adjusted the date and provisioned my VPS.

All is well again, I think.

@tr1cky: That was funny:-) I live in India.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

@mpkossen said:
    I received an e-mail a while ago about a large number of people being on sick leave. Not sure if that's still the case.

It's still the case. It seems also that this somehow "affected" their network/servers uptime which is worse than ever.

Thanked by 2skagerrak Mark_R
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Did you try to contact them by phone/fax (http://www.edis.at/de/about/kontakt/)?
    It's pretty reliable company with more than one contact channel.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, I also saw quality somewhat degrading, but it happened gradually for some time, not jst now. I hope this is just a bad time over there with the DC movements and all, they simply cannot keep up, maybe it will be back to regular high quality levels soon. Sickness surely didnt help.

• gbshouse said: Did you try to contact them by phone/fax (http://www.edis.at/de/about/kontakt/)?

It's pretty reliable company with more than one contact channel.

technichristian said: All is well again, I think.

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited March 2014

@Spirit said:
    It's still the case. It seems also that this somehow "affected" their network/servers uptime which is worse than ever.

Indeed. I'm experiencing a degradation in network-throughput and node-uptime (guest gets rebootet once a week), too.

• I cancelled a VPS I had with them last week because there were permanent problems with the network in the DC where edis is hosting the server. As much as I like the company, their Madrid location is crap. I asked support about it and got a response about customers being DDoSed. I didn't buy this since the quality has been bad since the start of the year and b) not my problem.

• After EDIS increase prices and removes cheap yearly deals, probably is not a good time for them..

• @technichristian said:

My post was aimed at mentioned provider, pointing out that most such threads get bashed in the same way. ;)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Ipv6 at Iceland was again down today multiple times, so basically they cant do there so much that sucks. You just get "were working on it" baaah go away.