Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Miami KVM VPS @ Virtovo] 2GB KVM only $7/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Miami KVM VPS @ Virtovo] 2GB KVM only $7/mo

Virtovo was formed in December 2013. Virtovo is a registered business in England and Wales. Virtovo is a very young company and doesn't have a long story to tell. We are committed to writing a successful story going forward through good quality hardware and a commitment to customer service.

We currently only offer services out of Coresite, Miami. IPv6 is available in this location but IPv6 is not currently offered with these plans. We are investigating the best way to allocate /64s to customers instead of fragmented addresses which SolusVM allocates by default. We hope to have a solution to this shortly.

We use Blesta for our billing/support and SolusVM for our VPS control. We've made modifications to our client area to enable near full control of your VPS from within the client area (including mounting ISOs, change boot priority, VNC console access, enabling PAE etc)

Node specifications
* Dual E5-2620v2 (2.1Ghz)
* 128GB RAM
* Minimum 8 Disk LSI Raid 10 Array
* Redundant 1Gbps uplinks at the node level

Please find the below benchmark shared by of our clients:

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
Number of cores : 6
CPU frequency :  2099.998 MHz
Total amount of ram : 2016 MB
Total amount of swap : 0 MB
System uptime :   1 min,
Download speed from CacheFly: 45.5MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 13.0MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 38.0MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.45MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 8.32MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.5MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.39MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 20.6MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 18.5MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 51.2MB/s
I/O speed :  782 MB/s

Important info
Terms of service
Acceptable use policy
Privacy policy
Public Status

Test IP/Files
mia.virtovo.com
http://mia.virtovo.com/100MB.zip
http://mia.virtovo.com/1GB.zip

We're offering a very special recurring discount offer on our 2GB KVM plan. Use code: 2GBfor7USD at checkout for the discounted pricing. This is an extremely limited offer and is only good while stock lasts.

KVMH3
2048MB RAM
6 Cores
100GB HDD
4TB Transfer
1 IPv4 Address
SolusVM
Linux or BSD variants
$7/mo | Order here

Remember, click 'Have a coupon' on the right of the order form and enter 2GBfor7USD

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Nice Offer Indeed.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited March 2014

@ehostlab said:
    Nice Offer Indeed.

Thank you! People it the last time and posted good things: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21985/miami-kvm-vps-virtovo-2gb-kvm-only-7-mo

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Can you explain me why Windows isn't allowed if I being My Own License?? What TOS implies on CPU Usage? I mean, how long can I use 6 Cores, what steps will be taken if I cross Load 6.00!

• @ehostlab said:
    Can you explain me why Windows isn't allowed if I being My Own License?? What TOS implies on CPU Usage? I mean, how long can I use 6 Cores, what steps will be taken if I cross Load 6.00!

We can allow Windows if your bring your own licence; however we do not offer support with any Windows related problems.

We provide access to six cores with this plan. We'll let you use up to the allocation. If your CPU usage extends beyond this slightly, we will inform you via ticket so you may take corrective action. If it exceeds it by a large margin (enough to cause problems for other users) we will suspend and contact you.

• done, i have signed up.. all the best..
    hope it will be not like some providers who's servers are really good on the launch.. and later overloaded :)

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited March 2014

@praveen said:
    done, i have signed up.. all the best..
    hope it will be not like some providers who's servers are really good on the launch.. and later overloaded :)

We're pleased you gave us a try. We certainly don't plan on that happening. We're not overloading E3s. We use dual E5s with larger RAID 10 arrays. If you do have any queries with performance, please get in contact.

• What happened to your custom control panel? :(

• @virtovo hi, if someone bought 2 of these, can they be stacked? If so, what would the final specification be? Thanks!

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited March 2014

@0xdragon said:
    What happened to your custom control panel? :(

We never had a custom control panel. We trialled Hostguard but it did not suit the business needs.

@craigb said:
    virtovo hi, if someone bought 2 of these, can they be stacked? If so, what would the final specification be? Thanks!

Yes, although you'd simply need to sign up for our KVM4 package and use the same promo code (it's valid; however doesn't fit within LET price rules so was not listed)

You can find the packages on this page: http://www.virtovo.com/services

• @Virtovo said:
    You can find the packages on this page: http://www.virtovo.com/services

Oh, I thought you did? Apologies, it must've been someone else.

• @virtovo thanks. what are the hostname field restrictions...I've tried 'miami' and 'blahblah' etc and no dice - keep getting invalid hostname (Chromium)

• @craigb said:
    virtovo thanks. what are the hostname field restrictions...I've tried 'miami' and 'blahblah' etc and no dice - keep getting invalid hostname (Chromium)

Did you append a TLD?

• @virtovo nope :). thanks!

• @craigb said:
    virtovo nope :). thanks!

I'll get that error message changed to something more informative.

Thanked by 1craigb
  • @craigb said:
    virtovo nope :). thanks!

All changed. It now informs you to add a TLD.

• said: We've made modifications to our client area to enable near full control of your VPS from within the client area (including mounting ISOs, change boot priority, VNC console access, enabling PAE etc)

@virtovo: Re: mounting ISOs...is this self-service in the sense that I can paste an ISO link in the UI and it will be downloaded/mounted or is this the regular SolusVM feature where the provider populates the list of ISOs? If the latter, is it just a case of raising a ticket with an ISO link to request a custom ISO mount (no charge?)?

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited March 2014

Hello there,

We will need to add the ISOs. Simply open a ticket and we'll get an ISO added for you. There is no charge.

@craigb said:
    virtovo: Re: mounting ISOs...is this self-service in the sense that I can paste an ISO link in the UI and it will be downloaded/mounted or is this the regular SolusVM feature where the provider populates the list of ISOs? If the latter, is it just a case of raising a ticket with an ISO link to request a custom ISO mount (no charge?)?