Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Koding bonus few hours left
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Koding bonus few hours left

SantiagoSantiago Member
edited March 2014 in General

In case anyone is interested, Koding is having a "crazy 250TB week", they are giving away extra GBs

More information:
http://blog.koding.com/2014/02/one-more-round-of-awesome-the-crazy250tbweek-is-here/

Koding provides a free VM with ssh (web) access. In their free tier the VPS automatically turns off 20 minutes after you logout out. Its a good service (laggy sometimes) if you want to learn programming (or for testing/development).

Thanked by 2howardsl2 Noerman

Comments

• well i ve always thought that turks did nothing for the internet. but i was shocked twice this last few weeks. koding's ceo is apparently turkish...

• you cant install/remove program, you cant become su. :( purely made for web dev

• @namhuy said:
    you cant install/remove program, you cant become su. :( purely made for web dev

who says that you can't(you do)? you can install it via the terminal with sudo or su(the password is your account's password) :)

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited March 2014

@wcypierre said:

I tried to get into "su" mode too but it didnt work somehow. Writing "sudo" in front of commands does work.

• Sorry, forgotten to mention that if you use su, the password is the root user's password.
    It is disabled by default. If you would like to set a password for it, do this: "sudo passwd root" or "sudo su; passwd"(you may need to enter your own account's pass if you have not done it) and type the desired root password

• confirmed, "sudo passwd su" works, its debian based so to become su, "sudo su"

• There's quite some variations for this though, so just pick the one that you're familiar the most with.

• Recently they allow free cname point to it, this is a plus to me.