Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Serverius.com resellers - VPS only
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Serverius.com resellers - VPS only

Mark_RMark_R Member

Hello,

As the title suggests, i'm looking for providers that sell vps services that are using the Serverius network.

I've tried many different providers that use datacenters in The Netherlands and Serverius remains N#1! routing & ping is always great.

it also would be nice if DDoS protection is available as Add-on or included.

Thank you.

Comments

• HostHatch - quite ok (check their LEB/LET deals)
    VPSSlim/Hostslim - you may not be so happy with them

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I doubt Serverius has DDoS protection onsite.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@Alex_LiquidHost - mostly correct.

There are people colocated on their own networks at Serverius. We are partners with one of them (we have a Serverius interconnect for outgoing traffic).

Serverius does not provide mitigation. Or atleast not that I know of.

• Serverius doesn't have DDoS protection, but maybe you can tunnel from somewhere close.

• I really liked the 10gbit shared port vps from hosthatch until I read they suspend you after getting hit with a DDoS. Protection is not required but highly appreciated because I know that the server will get hit in the future.

I'm trying to avoid using gre tunnels, its like a last resort thing.

• BruceBruce Member

what's wrong with GRE ?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited March 2014

@Bruce said:
    what's wrong with GRE ?

I never said anything was wrong with it. I just prefer having direct protection at the provider instead of having a extra GRE layer on top of the server.

• @Mark_R said:
    I never said anything was wrong with it. I just prefer having direct protection at the provider instead of a extra GRE layer on top of the server.

You could go with a VDS from nfo, though those get very expensive rather quickly.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    You could go with a VDS from nfo, though those get very expensive rather quickly.

NFO doesn't use serverius, they use internap as DC.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited March 2014

Before I started this thread I already expected that there aint going to be a reseller that provides ddos protection while being located at Serverius. I mentioned the protection anyways because if I were wrong it would've been great. Serverius network + DDoS Protection would be really awesome.

• Just curious, why Serverius? It is one of the cheapest DC's in the Netherlands so it isn't a premium DC either.

• @Mark_R said:
    Before I started this thread I already expected that there aint going to be a reseller that provides ddos protection while being located at Serverius. I mentioned the protection anyways because if I were wrong it would've been great. Serverius network + DDoS Protection would be really awesome.

Ah. Didn't know you needed an NL DC

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited March 2014

@taronyu said:
    Just curious, why Serverius? It is one of the cheapest DC's in the Netherlands so it isn't a premium DC either.

Overall it beats any other DC, thats my experience.

If i use a server behind the serverius network as vpn my internet routing will be alot better and the latency to everything lower (specially to the US.) this is strange too because i'm using UPC as ISP and they're already one of the best & largest ISP in the netherlands.

other than that i've had Zero downtime / network issues at my current vps provider who uses the serverius datacenter (liteserver.nl) for almost a year now.

• mikegmikeg Member

@Mark_R said:

I have sent you a PM. We are in Serverius.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • mikegmikeg Member

taronyu said: so it isn't a premium DC either.

From our experience with Serverius (1 year+), they definately offer a premium service. I would recommend giving them a try.

• @mikeg said:

Their service is good, agreed but not to long ago they had a big outtage, twice on the same day.

• mikegmikeg Member

@taronyu said:
    Their service is good, agreed but not to long ago they had a big outtage, twice on the same day.

We were affected by this, but it was caused by faulty hardware. They issued a notice to all customers explaining what happened.

• @mikeg said:
    We were affected by this, but it was caused by faulty hardware. They issued a notice to all customers explaining what happened.

From what I heard they wanted to test out their generator and there went something wrong. (I heard, I don't know if it is true)

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited March 2014

@taronyu

I recommend that you give the serverius network a try. you will not regret it.

• mikegmikeg Member

@taronyu said:
    From what I heard they wanted to test out their generator and there went something wrong. (I heard, I don't know if it is true)

It was due to a UPS failure.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Have to agree with MikeG. You should give the network a try. Maybe you can get a test VPS?

• I never said Serverius was bad, not at all.

• I ordered a vps from viralvps.com

for me the search ends here but i will keep this thread open.

Thank you guys!

• fazarfazar Member

@Abdullah from HostHatch might able to help. They have a small office and manage their own equipments at Serverius datacenter.

• irmirm Member

@Mark_R said:
    NFO doesn't use serverius, they use internap as DC.

Hes talking about NFOrce in the Netherlands which is a completely different host - https://www.nforce.com/

• @irm said:
    Hes talking about NFOrce in the Netherlands which is a completely different host - https://www.nforce.com/

I was talking about Nuclear fallout, but fair enough

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Just for the record, Bandwagon Host also has servers with Serverius in NL. They are quite good, and they have KiwiVM ;-)

• irmirm Member

Void_Whisperer said: I was talking about Nuclear fallout, but fair enough

Well that doesn't make much sense since NFO doesn't have services in the Netherlands which is what he's looking for but NFOrce does :l

• @irm said:
    Well that doesn't make much sense since NFO doesn't have services in the Netherlands which is what he's looking for but NFOrce does :l

I didn't know servuis was in the NL. :P