Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming VPS provider. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Upcoming VPS provider.

Comments

• Come on you guys, I think a 12 yr old kid with no money and no know how can really run a successful biz.

• I don't see how this could possibly go wrong ^_^

• LESLES Member

• MrDOSMrDOS Member
    edited April 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Wow, even http://hostbluff.com is better and more planned out

Who's behind this? It's an April Fools' joke, but by whom? One of their “customer reviews” (somewhat less-than) subtly points toward Host Mist, the other to TheHosted, and a “blog post” endorses URPad.net.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

He seemed to show off to me and some others on FreeVPS's irc channel that he lives in a care home and his mother was killed after being a rapist (basically claiming to be a son of a sort of well known woman who was murdered), why he would show off about it is beyond me. He also claims to go to a private school, sure sure, even the worst of private schools don't let children with as bad English skills stay like that, and I'd know because I attend a fairly poorly managed private school. He also claims he has autism and his bad English skills are as a result of that, http://freevps.us/thread-4512-post-54015.html#pid54015

(He was banned from the FreeVPS forums for a variety of stuff then was given another chance which he also wasted, he said he would run a minecraft server but ended up trying to download nulled cPanel and DirectAdmin).

• laaevlaaev Member

@MrDOS said: Who's behind this? It's an April Fools' joke, but by whom? One of their “customer reviews” (somewhat less-than) subtly points toward Host Mist, the other to TheHosted, and a “blog post” endorses URPad.net.

Its an April Fools joke by Keith Myers, KMyers on WHT.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=252248 is his user profile.

It is however becoming more than an April Fools joke, IMO its becoming the next NoUptime.

• @liam said: 123 class c ips for $15/day not bad!

We're joking about this now but the "elephant in the room" in the hosting industry is the fear that one day this will become real....

• Hey All, sorry I could not join in sooner, my LEB Account was stuck in the Approval Purgatory Queue :). I saw this thread in my server logs and felt like I should respond to a few things.

@MrDOS
    It was all my idea. I am planning to feature many hosts who I have had positive interactions with on the HostBluff Blog. These are not currently paid for by the host, and in the case of URPad, it is an affiliate link. URPad just happened to be the first, I posted a second for TheHosted and HostMist will come later in the week. I am currently hosting many sites (including HostBluff) on a URPad VPS. I pay for the VPS at the same rate on their page with no special treatment. URPad is a great company and I would recommend them to all. (Unfortunately the VPS is not a Low End, but their higher tier because I wanted to put cPanel on it, I dont need cPanel but it makes it faster to do certain things).

I also plan on updating the blog daily, so keep checking it out :)

@FTN_Kevin
    Yes, you are correct, the Host Bluff site is mine, It started as a well executed April Fools Day joke but is being transitioned into an ongoing gag site with the aim of making fun of unrealistic requests. This way if there are any requests on forums in the future that are impossible (such as a VPS with 700 IP Addresses for $20 per month), send them my way and we will break it to them. And Yes, I am that person on WHT

@Jonny_Evorack
    I sure hope it does not become real. SEO Hosting in general is a scam and I want to poke fun of it as much as possible to educate the consumer. It sickens me how many of these "SEO Hosts" are popping up and its even worse when well established hosts are also joining in on this scam (HostGator/Turnkey Internet)

@liam
    Google will never kill SEO. They are simply trying to kill off some of the blackhat methods of getting to the top of the Google Rankings. People need to start focusing on page content for once rather then multiple class c address or fake backlinking. There are many SEO companies who do little more then spam abandoned blogs to increase backlink counts. These tricks will no longer be effective with the changes Google is making. I think this is a Win-Win for all (except the SEO companies who are scamming their customers)

Thanked by 3yomero Infinity laaev
  • AkiraAkira Member

I LOL'd as I saw the title "Why host with us?" on the kid's web design,
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/3ubw6.png

• FreekFreek Member

lol at 'M:/Users:/windows7'
    10 bucks the kid will use 'root' as user for his VPS

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @hostbluff: Please review HostRail :)

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @Boltersdriveer - HostBluff is not exactly a review site :) but I will see what can be done on another site I own (ShamelessHosts.com)

• @Boltersdriveer - I went ahead and posted a HostRail joke on HostBluff. Does it work for you?

Thanked by 1laaev
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@HostBluff said: @Boltersdriveer - I went ahead and posted a HostRail joke on HostBluff. Does it work for you?

Haha, great stuff.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2012

@HostBluff said: I went ahead and posted a HostRail joke on HostBluff. Does it work for you?

That was hilarious.

A professional hosting "company" who is a scam (HostBluff) got scammed by a professional individual who is a scammer (Constantinos) :p

• @HostBluff said: I own (ShamelessHosts.com)

always wanted to know who owned that, you censor alot of comments don't you....

• @DanielM - I actually do not censor any comments except the occasional "F*#k Off" and "Suck my D@#k" comments, I do attempt at all costs to clean up some of the comments a bit to make them less insulting and if I ever do, I always state such. Aside from that, its completely uncensored and all comments that are not marked as spam are approved.

• The live chat is legendary :)

Thanked by 1KMyers
  • @VMPort - Thanks. I do need to add a 5 second delay to the response to make it perfect. Thank the lord I dont log any of the chats that go on in there, I have a feeling some of them would be scary.

• @FTN_Kevin - Glad you liked, I have added a small update to the blog post that you may want to check out.

• laaevlaaev Member

@HostBluff said: Glad you liked, I have added a small update to the blog post that you may want to check out.

I see you added a new update today about Constantinos, that blog post never fails to make me laugh everytime. You should create some sort of RSS feature where I can subscribe for updates.

• Saw this on WHT, take a look at this bad boy: Server Heroes

I lol'd.

• @Legendlink said: Saw this on WHT, take a look at this bad boy: Server Heroes

Are they actually serious? o0

• @Legendlink - Where did you find that? It seems that I have a poorly done copycat. Even the same template WTF. On a side note, I am migrating HostBluff to WordPress and thusly now have an RSS Feed for the blog - http://hostbluff.com/feed/

• It was in the VPS section of WHT for a whole 5 minutes before being removed. Someone was recommending them.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Wow. ServerHeroes is...wow.

I like how their mid-range VPS plan is already a "best seller" :-)

Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) Server at serverheroes.co.uk Port 80

Nice.

• SashiSashi Member

Oh man.. this gave me a good laugh

• Someone send me the link to ServerHeroes' WHT thread?

• @DotVPS Constantinos.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser