Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Distributed VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Distributed VPN

wojonswojons Member
edited February 2014 in Help

Really looking for a way to vpn all my nodes together but not bottle neck them all in one location. I want any 2 nodes to be able to talk to each other directly, and encrypted this way i wont need to worry about blocking so many ports. i will just have services that are private listen on the vpn virtual interface.

I know there are a few projects out there but wanna get the take on what people use. I am looking for something that is pretty easy to install dont wanna go back to school or sit around for 6 hours trying to get it setup and working.

Comments

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2014

Distrobuted = Distributed

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Distrobuted sounds like a Linux distribution you use when you're naked.

Thanked by 1marcm
  • Hamachi?

• why dont you whitelist in iptables?

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2014

What about using private addresses and tunneling?

• NickMNickM Member
    edited February 2014

You want tinc. It does node-to-node communication without going through the master. Set up is extremely easy following the directions in their official docs.

• @marcm said:
    "Distrobuted" ?

"Really looking for away..."

"...to be able to talk to each other directly, and securely this way..."

Your punctuation and grammar are a disaster. Microsoft Word can't be that expensive or difficult to use.

@marcm said:
    Cunt da OoP be buthereed to fex hes poost?

@raindog308 said:
    Distrobuted sounds like a Linux distribution you use when you're naked.

I have really bad dyslexia which some times kicks in harder than i want it to. Sorry I will clean up the post.

NickM said: You want tinc. It does node-to-node communication without going through the master. Set up is extremely easy following the directions in their official docs.

I am looking into this now.

• wojons said: I have really bad dyslexia which some times kicks in harder than i want it to. Sorry I will clean up the post.

My apologies, I didn't know that. Every so often people post things and then they leave them like that. It's bad enough that there is no feeling or any other kind of indication about the state of mind of the people on a forum beside text.

• @marcm said:

its fine. I am decently active since i have joined and since i have not been sleeping much lately because of a project i am working on my spelling is getting worse

• wojons said: its fine. I am decently active since i have joined and since i have not been sleeping much lately because of a project i am working on my spelling is getting worse

This is interesting. When I am really tired sometimes I have a hard time talking. It's like that part of my brain wants to shut down.