Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need an offshore VPS outside of US/EU that has relaxed content rules and accepts Perfect Money or BC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need an offshore VPS outside of US/EU that has relaxed content rules and accepts Perfect Money or BC

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me...

I'm currently looking to upgrade from a shared host to a VPS for a small wordpress based site, but I have some specific requirements as my content would not be allowed in the EU/US. So the provider will need to have a relaxed approach to content which is 100% legal in Russia/Asia/Africa.

The service also needs to accept Perfect Money (ideally) or Bitcoin as I would like to remain anonymous.

It would also be nice to have DDOS protection, but it's not crucial as I use cloudflare.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

what content do you host? You can check my sig for HK/KR/JP VPS (no ddos protection, not in LEB range, bitcoin accpeted.)

• Novelty IDs - while i've had no issue with several hosts, when asked directly most will say no because it is controversial in many countries.

• Checked your sig, and will contact you via site support. Anyone else?

• @twarren , Anything Like UA, RO and BG are usually fine with this.. that's where all the big ones host :-P

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited February 2014

I would recommend an Icelandic host that is actually registered in Iceland. There's no better place to host controversial/sensitive stuff.

Check out FlokiNET and 1984 Hosting. They are quite expensive, indeed. Another option is Edis; they are based in Austria and have some servers in Iceland, with both VRS and KVM.

• @autosnipe I agree, but have not found any providers as yet - so looking for recomendations :) I did find one in Moldova hosteasy.eu - waiting to hear back from their support.

@iceTWY Thank you, I'll check them out - though price is a bit of an issue, i'd prefer something under $30 a month... I'm not sure how Iceland caves to EU policies... I know for dodgy financial and DMCA stuff they are good, not sure how the feel about what I sell tho... but will investigate further.

Thanks so far guys, please keep the recommendations coming - and again I really need ones that will accept PM or BTC.

• i know for a fact Sven (the Guy from hosteasy) is really nice about most things, i have a few "controversial" projects running, and i use servers from him, as long as he doesn't get too many complaints and i comply within reason, he's fine with it. But that been said, their VPS servers are only limited to 10Mbit, enough for most real world uses.. but still.

• @autosnipe that's great to hear about hosteasy - hopefully he will reply with acceptance of my content. You're right about 10MB - but its a small wordpress site, i'm hoping that will be enough.

• hosteasy and 1984 both said no to my content... anyone else have any input?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I know a Provider: http://www.host4offshore.com/

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited February 2014

@ehostlab said:
    I know a Provider: http://www.host4offshore.com/

I used to be a costumer of a provider using their services, horrible experience in romania and russia their dc's got ddosed a LOT.

• We offer Switzerland as location. What content you gonna host ? Again does not mean you can host scam pages or SPAM.

• Floris said: I used to be a costumer of a provider using their services, horrible experience in romania and russia their dc's got ddosed a LOT.

you are little bit correct. but they closed Romania location and their Russia location is stable now. they changed network carrier few months ago. now very good uptime at Russia.

• twarren said: Novelty IDs - while i've had no issue with several hosts, when asked directly most will say no because it is controversial in many countries.

Are they clearly marked as novelty or are they straight-up fakes? Huge difference between the two.

• I can't remember what's the logic behind my following claim, but I seem to recall knowing this for a fact:

Novelty IDs etc websites should (can) be hosted in Malaysia.

• enitan092enitan092 Member
    edited February 2014

@qhoster said:
    We offer Switzerland as location. What content you gonna host ? Again does not mean you can host scam pages or SPAM.

+1 for @qhoster