Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do You call Your servers ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do You call Your servers ?

13»

Comments

• @George_Fusioned said:
    Elements of the periodic table: hydrogen, helium, lithium...

Avoid the alkali and alkaline metals. They have a tendency to cause the most issues for you. If the DC lets the humidity rise up too high... Let's just say it's generally a bad thing when your servers go snap crackle pop in the datacenter.

• i'm giving mine pokemon names :)

• @kornnflake said:
    i'm giving mine pokemon names :)

The ones I have for my IRC network are named for Legendary pokemon, as the IRC network is for a pokemon game. Long story. One nice thing with that name scheme is that there are 451+ names to use, and more keep getting added!

• i dial my server's phone number on my phone

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@dnwk said:
    basement, balcony, attic, garage....

I would like to see this balcony server... does it come with a rain-proof uptime guarantee :-)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• I use my server hostnames in place of IP addresses - so the shorter the better. Currently I have one character and one number - and just memorize where each server is based on that: (e.g. n5, p1, c0, etc.). So all I type is "ping n2.vn".

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited March 2014

@BrianHarrison said:
    I would like to see this balcony server... does it come with a rain-proof uptime guarantee :-)

No, just like your satellite tv, it suffers from rain fade.

• ZshenZshen Member

In the beginning I use to name them after ex girlfriends, because they always went down on me. Now they rarely go down...I don't have enough ex-wives to re-name them.