Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenStack module for WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenStack module for WHMCS

ModulesGardenModulesGarden Member
edited February 2014 in Providers

Within about 1 month we will release a module that has won our Modules Contest with 38% of votes. More than 1/3 voters decided that we should create and release module that will integrate OpenStack with WHMCS.

And so we will! We will also add to it an integration with resource usage billing.
Keep your eyes wide open for more details.

Comments

• forthcloudforthcloud Member
    edited February 2014

Sounds great @ModulesGarden! Hope this will create more cloud hosting providers and simplify the cloud management.

Thanked by 1ModulesGarden
  • GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited February 2014

Is Redhat openstack included? http://openstack.redhat.com

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @GIANT_CRAB said:
    Is Redhat openstack included? http://openstack.redhat.com

Yes it will be included in the module.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • @ModulesGarden when will be the little nagging issues be fixed with the SolusVM Extended module, like for example the customer's inability to mount/unmount ISO or request a KVM password. I'll give you a hint: you can request a new KVM password over SSH using a public key installed on the SolusVM master. Since it's a paid module I'll leave it up to you to figure out how to implement it. I have the feeling that you guys keep putting modules out there, finish the 90% ~ 95%, and then move on to the next project.

I also saw the option to purchase the source code now, but for the life of me I don't know why I would spend $400 for the SolusVM Extended module just to fix your own bugs and make actually usable. There really isn't that much to making a WHMCS module, and I started working on my own. Please fix your quality control issues, they are getting annoying.

• I hope that this didn't get lost amongst the other threads. I would really like to know when we'll get a completely functional version of the SolusVM Extended for WHMCS module. Thank you.

• ModulesGardenModulesGarden Member
    edited February 2014

@marcm Thank you for the feedback. The problem here is not with our attitude or will to fix the problem but with SolusVM API which is limited. We would have solved this and similar problems many months ago, even we contacted Solus directly to discuss the API problems, but still without effect.

Sometimes modules can be as good as the API allows for it. Sometimes you can't make a good workaround for some issues. However sometimes you can. In such cases we used to contact application owner to find a suitable solution but in this case it doesn't give any results.

I will show your hint to our Development Team right away and maybe we will be able to improve our module.

When we have any opportunity to fix the problems that our customers report, we usually do in quite a short time.

• @ModulesGarden I appreciate your response. Currently I am not using the module, however I will install it and make a list of the little nit picks that prevent me, and other from fully deploying it.

I understand the limitations of the SolusVM API, however the entire idea behind providing an alternative for WHMCS was to offer a better module than what's already provided by SolusLabs. I would say that your module is 95% there, its' the last 5% that needs to be fixed.

I gave it as a hint because I'm sure I don't need to explain more to a developer. Call the appropriate SolusVM command line tool via SSH using PHP. Let the user configure the SolusVM master in a PHP file that is included with into the module and also let the user add the public key to the master.

Other small issues are the ISO list, and the OS template list. You need to do a better job at listing the available templates. That's just not presentable to a customer:
    e.g. centos-linux-6.5-solusvm-x86_64

Logging in from the module into the SolusVM panel doesn't really work either, and as far as I can tell that's a SolusVM issue. But if you make the module better than that won't be necessary anymore.

Without turning this into a TL;DR, your module needs that 5% of polish to make it shine. Otherwise it's not really usable for anything beside OpenVZ, and the original SolusLabs module already does that pretty well.

Ah, how about user data synchronization between the panel and WHMCS? - like password, username, IP address changes, etc? Again, the better you make it, the more are people willing to pay. We don't want half products for half value. If you want to continue to offer this then people will always ask for a coupon because customers pay about as much for a product as they think it's worth.

You can take my opinion anyway you want, however I am trying to help you improve your product so that me, and many others can benefit from it.

• ModulesGardenModulesGarden Member
    edited February 2014

I have discussed everything with our Development Team.

We expect the updated version to be ready within 1-2 months, due to OpenStack For WHMCS which will be released first.

We will:

• Allow changing ISO in the client area, for KVM

• Fix the mentioned issue with templates

• Consider changing password through SSH but we are not sure that this is a good solution and I can't promise anything here. Changing password in KVM is still impossible through the API.

• Add/fix many other reported features/problems

• marcmmarcm Member

@ModulesGarden - that's good to hear. I'd be more than happy to show you how it can be done via SSH and I would gladly lend a hand in the development. Ultimately I need this thing working. Please contact me if you're interested. This could work in all our favor :-)