Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ransom IT $20/quarter OpenVZ in Australia 256MB RAM/10G Disk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ransom IT $20/quarter OpenVZ in Australia 256MB RAM/10G Disk

OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
edited April 2012 in Offers

Hi all. We had an offer up in February here but reached capacity fairly quickly (ran out of IPs and allocatable RAM). We've now deployed a new node and had our IP range expanded so we have the following offer available to LEB'ers:

256MB of Memory, burstable to 512MB
OpenVZ / Solus VM
2 CPU cores (shared Xeon E3-1240)
10GB of disk space
20GB of data transfer

Data is expensive in Australia, but if you are building a DNS cluster or some other service that doesn't push a lot of data around or want a presence here for geographical purposes we can offer a reliable service for you. We took up suggestions after our last LEB offer and made a number of new OS templates available. TUN/TAP can be enabled on request if you want a VPN.

If you want to do a traceroute use this IP: 119.252.16.253
Our servers are at Colocity. We've had an excellent run here, one of our primary nodes for other services we offer has an uptime of 395 right now and we've not had any outages at all. So while latency might be high for most non Australian users availability will also be excellent.

Click here to sign up with the promo code "GDAY LEB". Please read the page and the TOS (link in the footer) before signing up. Service is payable quarterly via Paypal or Alertpay - $20/quarter.

Cheers and I hope to welcome some of you onboard.

Oliver

Comments

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Both, this particular server is rented though.

For this offer we're taking either Paypal or if you have an Australian bank account then direct deposit.

edited April 2012

Actually I can take AlertPay as well now. I had an account but hadn't used it for awhile since they had a period where they weren't taking credit card payments. Submit an order and I can set you up to pay via Alertpay. :-)

Great. You should have received an account deployment and payment request notification now as well.

Welcome aboard. :-)

No, not really. I can usually push data up to Amazon S3 on the West Coast US at 1.5MB/s. If you try a local ISP mirror you will get at least 20mbit and up to 100mbit on those in the same city.

Cachefly and most of other big CDNs presence in Australia isn't anything impressive. We're such a small market I gather it's not worth it for many of them to invest heavily here. Connectivity between Adelaide and Melbourne (800 kilometres) is apparently more expensive than that between Sydney and San Jose...

Same city:

[root@adl3 tmp]# wget -O /dev/null http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/test/100meg.test
    --2012-04-13 17:18:06--  http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/test/100meg.test
    Resolving mirror.internode.on.net... 150.101.135.3
    Connecting to mirror.internode.on.net|150.101.135.3|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 100000000 (95M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[============================================================================================>] 100,000,000 10.9M/s   in 8.8s    

2012-04-13 17:18:15 (10.9 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [100000000/100000000]

• I'd like to take this time to point out that if you need Australian connectivity for your project, Oliver and Ransom IT will ROCK YOUR FACE.

Thanks Damian! :-)

• @DotVPS said: do you have one for your famous DNS Project :P ?

Yes!