Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudAtCost - One Time Payment Cloud VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudAtCost - One Time Payment Cloud VPS

2»

Comments

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited March 2014

ksubedi said: Not the same specs for that price.

so what? Crissic gives you 50GB space and 512MB Ram, 3 core VCPU and 2IPv4 for $15/year - and that comes with a GREAT support. Compare that with the crap you get for $12 which even comes with a shitty service. VPSDime gives 512MB Ram/2 Core/30Gb space for $15/yr. Bandwagon host gives similar spec for $9/year. There are many others as well

If you want to give better support, It needs a good intention as I said.

Stay with good people, you'll always get good service until you piss them off :)

Thanked by 2tchen rm_
  • ksubediksubedi Member
    edited March 2014

@ironhide said:

I do agree with you. What's the point of having specs if you can't use them properly right?

• Reminds me of this.. http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/textdrive-lifetime-customer-accounts-end-week

I guess we will see how long till they crash and burn.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The idea of paying 1 time for a service for life is odd to me. The costs to the supplier aren't one time after all..

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • zorked said: Bottom line: it costs $1/month and it's worth $1/month. I can't be mad at them.

I think i paid 48$ for the year or something near that. Sure i get decent spcs but the uptime and network are pretty bad that its not worth that much i would rather pay the extra 12$ a year to get digtial ocean

• if they offered windows(excluding license of course) on their smallest package I would consider it, but this doesn't look like a good deal to me with that slow network. I'd rather buy a Ramnode vps then.

• @ditrone said:
    if they offered windows(excluding license of course) on their smallest package I would consider it, but this doesn't look like a good deal to me with that slow network. I'd rather buy a Ramnode vps then.

i have never had a windows server outside of like runnint an IT department what do people even use windows servers for these days?

• tomletomle Member, LIR

I wouldn't say that OpenVZ = VMware virtualization.

• I bought a Dev 2 back in November, I wouldn't recommend it. Poor network performance (do google searches for comparisons/stats) and lately they've been having downtime.

A month ago they had a SAN failure and shut down VMs hard. My boot volume is corrupt and I need a FSCK but it's been a month and they won't mount a liveCD so one can be done. The only troubleshooting I got was "try rebooting" and "can you reimage your server?" I don't have any recent offsite backups so my data is probably going to be lost.

• This is the same company that offered Freephoneline.ca and a 1 time SIP unlock offer. From comments over at dslreports that business isnt doing to well either.

• @Jipped1 said:
    I bought a Dev 2 back in November, I wouldn't recommend it. Poor network performance (do google searches for comparisons/stats) and lately they've been having downtime.

A month ago they had a SAN failure and shut down VMs hard. My boot volume is corrupt and I need a FSCK but it's been a month and they won't mount a liveCD so one can be done. The only troubleshooting I got was "try rebooting" and "can you reimage your server?" I don't have any recent offsite backups so my data is probably going to be lost.

Just an update in case anyone cares, they told me to request a refund. Then closed my ticket. Had to open a refund ticket, they said it was processed and closed it..no refund. Opened another refund ticket, it is stagnant. It's been 4 months since I lost my data, they do not give a crap.

• xBytezxBytez Member

Real shit networking and disk (8MB/s disk and 10Mb/s network), I opened a refund ticket (06/23/2014 10:56:01) and still no reply. I don't like their service.

• They are fraud. Simply avoid them and stick with any good provider in LET

Thanked by 2netomx TommehM
  • souensouen Member

For a monthly it's currently not worth it considering there are lower-priced offers with great support. At a one-time price ... we'll see. General stats are not that good (search the other threads for bench.sh results), it works all right for development.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2014

Jipped1 said: Just an update in case anyone cares, they told me to request a refund. Then closed my ticket. Had to open a refund ticket, they said it was processed and closed it..no refund. Opened another refund ticket, it is stagnant. It's been 4 months since I lost my data, they do not give a crap.

When you pay a provider month-to-month, it's in the provider's best interest to give you the best possible service, so that you don't stop paying, cancel and leave next month.

But here you paid one time and that's it, what's the incentive for them to keep providing you a good service? Or provide you any service at all? You've been fooled like a kid really, and good luck getting a refund for something you bought last November. They are under no obligation by neither Paypal nor credit card companies to refund a purchase made that long ago.

• Their payment cycle's system seems to be fraud, and i bet it is. It's just simple to trick you with cheap lifetime payment and you think the price is reasonable for some reasons, but actually it is not.
    At this moment i'll never try to risk my money to the unknown service.
    when you stop paying for them, they'll simply leave you and find another target.
    That's my thought