Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec increased prices and even charges for /29 IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec increased prices and even charges for /29 IPs

JupiterJupiter Member
edited February 2014 in Providers

Dacentec increased their prices across the board for new contracts

A dual L5520 Dell C1100 at 85$ few months ago is 100$ without even /29 IPs. They dont even mention that at their sales and configuration page.

Dedicated server prices are going up for even older hardware.

The only bright spot was delimiterVPS lately ...

Comments

• Jack said: Your post is confusing, they are up'ing prices for existing services or just new ones?

NEW

• If you want a L5520, we have some and can probably match the old dacentec pricing :)

Had some stocked.

• concerto49 said: If you want a L5520, we have some and can probably match the old dacentec pricing :)

What about paying something extra for your funny jokes also ...

• Jupiter said: What about paying something extra for your funny jokes also ...

Sorry, did I miss something?

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited February 2014

@concerto49 said:
    Sorry, did I miss something?

He's just ranting, I guess, with no intention of buying anything. So, you promoting your dedicated probably provoked him?

• concerto49 said: Sorry, did I miss something?

Maybe i did.

Dacentec is RTO only.

• Jupiter said: Dacentec is RTO only.

RTO offers don't fit LET, but sure we do them too.

• @concerto49 said:

That's the point.

Dacentec was Dual L5420, 2x 1TB / 4x 146GB SAS, 1Gbps

RTO for only $50

• Nevermind. It appears the prices are the same.

• jeffreywinters said: Dacentec was Dual L5420, 2x 1TB / 4x 146GB SAS, 1Gbps

RTO for only $50

We're talking about L5520 here not L5420.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited February 2014

jeffreywinters said: Nevermind. It appears the prices are the same.

No they are not. They charge /29 extra

• @Jupiter said:

That was always extra. I purchased ~8 months ago and it came with 1 IP and /29 was extra.

• jeffreywinters said: That was always extra. I purchased ~8 months ago and it came with 1 IP and /29 was extra.

1 year ago when i got a bunch of L5520 it was not. Also the price was lower.

However you slice it. Prices are going up for even older and older hardware

• Jupiter said: However you slice it. Prices are going up for even older and older hardware

Mostly the miners. Not just rental, but 2nd hand hardware prices have exploded too.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited February 2014

wcypierre said: He's just ranting, I guess, with no intention of buying anything. So, you promoting your dedicated probably provoked him?

I just make an observation as a buyer who gets servers every month. Just last few days got one from Dacentec, three from delimiterVPS two from versaweb and one from wholesaleinterent.

The provocation was asking 85$ for non RTO dual L5520 which he was selling 49$ few months ago.

Take your pills now ... and hope you will make few cents from your affiliate links to pay your 5$ VPS

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Did they increase the cost of colo too?

• @concerto49 said:
    RTO offers don't fit LET, but sure we do them too.

Care to PM me details?

• just applied for cancellation for 4xSAS L5420 dedi yesterday. don't worry there are always some providers with decent price and awesome service.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited February 2014

jbiloh said: Did they increase the cost of colo too?

I think now they offer 2TB at their basic package instead of 5TB. Brilliant marketers :)

Thats why i like versaweb so much. Clear no BS pricing. I highly recommend them for any serious business.

I regretted not getting far more servers with them in the past.

• kyaky said: just applied for cancellation for 4xSAS L5420 dedi yesterday. don't worry there are always some providers with decent price and awesome service.

Not so many as you think.

Its a sellers market as we speak i am afraid.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

I saw the price is the same, /29 was charged 3-4 months ago.