Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Longest time to provision a dedicated server? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Longest time to provision a dedicated server?

Comments

• MarkTurner seems to be very inactive lately. If without him, Delimiter will fall down.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • The best is asked provider whether the stocks are available or not before subscribe.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

@GIANT_CRAB - Did you get your money back?

• NingNing Member

I ordered a dual 5150 from Delimitervps on Feb 7, no provison yet.

@ckm_2 said:
    I ordered a dual 5150 on January 31st from delimiter, and I'm still waiting.

• ckm_2 said: @GIANT_CRAB - Did you get your money back?

Hahaha, no. Zeneva is a scam company that claimed they were registered as LLC when they weren't.

• For the Delimiter issues, try raising a ticket. I did at two weeks, then a snowstorm hit. Raised another after Atlanta reopened and my server was provisioned the next work day. YMMV

• dnwkdnwk Member

Any one still remember commerce media?

• vb543vb543 Member

ckm_2 said: Please post when you ordered and which server you ordered.

Three X5150. First one ordered on the 15th, setup on the 25th. Second one ordered on the 18th, still waiting. Third one ordered on the 23rd, still waiting.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

Thanks @Dylan, @Ning, @talsit, and @vb543 :)

Is there anyone who has received their 5150 from Delimiter and had it delivered with an ip address outside of the 199.233.247.xxx range?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Over 4 Months at Firstheberg such shit, dont go there.

• wdqwdq Member

@ckm_2 said:
    Is there anyone who has received their 5150 from Delimiter and had it delivered with an ip address outside of the 199.233.247.xxx range?

My primary IP is in that range, but the additional addresses I ordered are in the 209.249.199.xxx range.

My server arrived in around six days if I remember correctly.

• After 17 days waiting for Delimiter I 86ed my order

• @Infinity580 said:
    Over 4 Months at Firstheberg such shit, dont go there.

I had <3 days.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

@wdq - It's the primary IP that needs to be outside of the range. Thanks for the information on the other range you were given.

@wdq, @badpatrick - When did you order, though?

When I ordered a 5150 on December 9th, I received it in less than 24 hours.

• wdqwdq Member

wdq, badpatrick - When did you order, though?

When I ordered a 5150 on December 9th, I received it in less than 24 hours.

Oh wow. That's pretty fast for any dedicated provider. I ordered mine on January 14th and it arrived on January 19th.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

the longest and a looser/winner at this category was OVH last year, it took them 2 months and for some other users up to 3 months to provision the dedicated server.

• eNotch Networks -> Dual L5520 72Gb ram 2x1TB.

Ordered: 2nd May 2013
    Delivered: 17th July 2013
    Died: 23rd Jan 2014

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

After waiting for a month, I finally received my server from delimiter about 6 hours ago.

@Dylan, @Ning - What's your status, are you still waiting?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • NingNing Member

I got my Server yesterday, it works fine.

@ckm_2 said:
    After waiting for a month, I finally received my server from delimiter about 6 hours ago.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • DylanDylan Member

Got mine Monday though it was stuck provisioning until late yesterday.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

@Dylan, @Ning - That's great news!

It was sounding like those should be the last of that bunch to be delivered. However, I just found out that someone still hasn't received the server they ordered on January 31st.

• DylanDylan Member

ckm_2 said: That's great news!

Well, don't say that so quickly, now my iLO doesn't work... this is not making a great first impression.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

@Dylan - I'll contact you by PM, I might be able to help.. or confirm.

• Commercialmedia, with the L5420 frenzy last year. Over six months.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2014

ckm_2 said: I'll contact you by PM, I might be able to help.. or confirm.

Nothing to confirm or help with -- they changed the IP address on my iLO without telling me (until I sent in a ticket).

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

@Dylan - Actually, there's a tool for finding that. ;)

• @Dylan - its unlikely we would change the IP address of the ILO because its all setup and bound to the asset number. Its more than likely that Delimiter just screwed up copy/pasting the server configuration they receive from us when they sent you the welcome email.

• DylanDylan Member

@MarkTurner - if that's the case then they must have both given me access to someone else's ILO and used the same root password for both that server and mine, because I'm still using the same server IP and the login information in my welcome email worked for the ILO, the server via ILO remote console, and the server via SSH.

• @Dylan - I am not following - when the servers are brought into service two separate passwords are generated - one for the OS and one for the ILO. This is completely automated process.

You said that the ILO IP had changed, are you saying it was working on one IP address then later on it was switched to another IP address where it continued to work?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2014

@MarkTurner - That's right. My welcome email contained a password for the OS and ILO. Both worked. The OS password worked via SSH and through the ILO remote console, so that ILO had to either be on my server or another one provisioned with the same OS password, no?

I don't know if the ILO works now, though. I can get to it (on the new/different/whatever IP) in a browser, but my password doesn't work and Delimiter hasn't gotten me a new one yet.