Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM Admin API improvements
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM Admin API improvements

We're recently improved the client area of our website to include mounting ISOs, enabling PAE, setting the boot order etc; however have noticed a number of limitations in the SolusVM API that prevent us from implementing these features fully (retrieve currently mounted ISO, or PAE state etc). There's also some features missing completely from the API.

We're going to be putting a list of requests with regards to the API and wondered if anyone else had requests that could be added?

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Fetching IPv6 addresses, perhaps there is a way that I haven't noticed yet?

• I've noticed that Reverse DNS set/change is not enabled. Do you intend to enable this feature?

• Good luck with that. I am writing a SolusVM module for WHMCS and I know your pain, however I won't wait on them to make changes. Updates are slow. Anything is welcome though.

• @marcm said:
    Good luck with that. I am writing a SolusVM module for WHMCS and I know your pain, however I won't wait on them to make changes. Updates are slow. Anything is welcome though.

Do they not have 1?

• jeffreywinters said: Do they not have 1?

They do, but it's kind of basic. The idea, from their p.o.v. is for the customer to log into the SolusVM control panel. That pisses customers off. I'd rather write my own module than put my customer through this kind of pain.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2014

@jeffreywinters said:
    Do they not have 1?

They won't even add features to it that their API calls. They honestly told me a while back that it was a security risk if the module was coded to reinstall the OS. Yes, the module with the permission to provision and delete containers is a security risk when it reinstalls the OS.

I mean honestly....