Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Affordable Dedicated Server in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Affordable Dedicated Server in US

xSDMxxSDMx Member
edited February 2014 in Requests

As DelimiterVPS had not provisioned my dedicated server after over two weeks of waiting (having payed for an entire year upfront) I decided to request a refund and abandon ship.

Now, I'm looking for an unmanaged dedicated box with at least 8 Gigabytes of RAM (though, 16 Gb would be best) and a reasonably recent processor (5150 and upwards).

I have no problem paying for an entire year in advance (if this imparts any discount), but request that the server be provisioned within three days of payment; after waiting over two weeks for DelimiterVPS, I now have a very tight schedule.

It would be great if I could snag a yearly box for less than $30 a month, but I'm definitely open to offers.

Thanks!

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

I think the budget is a little bit tight . You can take a look at https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/
    They have 8gb ram dual 5150 for $29/month, setup time is 1-2 business days :)

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited February 2014

I doubt you'll find anyone that will beat Delimiter's pricing on L5420's.

Most providers seem to do $50/month for L5420's.

EDIT: Pretty sure you had L5420 before editing, ignore this.

• $30 seem not enough to cover the colocation fee. Good luck.

• WSI looked perfect. Unfortunately, as soon as I added the 5150 to my cart it was marked OOS.

• Check out our bargain bin inventory. We offer discounts for prepaying annually as well.

https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?gid=30

• If you could up your budget slightly, there seems to be a offer @ quickpacket ~ https://www.quickpacket.com/billing/cart.php?gid=1 for $39

Thanked by 1qps
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited February 2014

said: After waiting over two weeks for DelimiterVPS to provision my dedicated server

Only two weeks? I've been waiting over three :\

• @Dylan said:

3 weeks? this is quite a lot for any provider.

• xSDMxxSDMx Member
    edited February 2014

@Dylan said:

I worded that a little oddly, sorry. I had waited a little over two weeks and the server still had not been provisioned (it was never provisioned). When I asked how back-ordered they were, I received no response and was given an immediate refund.

• It seems like they get back ordered pretty easily, I imagine the storm didn't help either.

• @xSDMx said:
    As DelimiterVPS had not provisioned my dedicated server after over two weeks of waiting (having payed for an entire year upfront) I decided to request a refund and abandon ship.

Now, I'm looking for an unmanaged dedicated box with at least 8 Gigabytes of RAM (though, 16 Gb would be best) and a reasonably recent processor (5150 and upwards).

I have no problem paying for an entire year in advance (if this imparts any discount), but request that the server be provisioned within three days of payment; after waiting over two weeks for DelimiterVPS, I now have a very tight schedule.

It would be great if I could snag a yearly box for less than $30 a month, but I'm definitely open to offers.

Thanks!

Yep same thing happened to me, my brother and another user whom I recommended the service to. It seem's they just can't deliver and keep to their ETA's. If you find another option elsewhere then please let me know as I'm looking as well.

Thanks,

• I also waited two weeks for a delimitervps server. no provisioned yet.

• @racksx said:
    3 weeks? this is quite a lot for any provider.

My record is 6 weeks of delivery (not delimitervps) for shipping, faulty motherboard found during server setup, RMA / order new board, then another shipping. It was communicated properly though, and I was offered another server which I refused, and my project was kind of delayed so I didn't mind waiting.

• I guess this is Delimiter catching up with orders from the weather problems? @MarkTurner

• When I checked in on Friday there was about 30 machines left to deliver, those will be delivered over the coming 24-48 hours. Then their backorders are completed. The problem has been the weather disruption stopping people getting to site and deliver issues on hard disks. Remember Delimiter (Yomura) use new disks on these server rather than recycling the original ones that were used on the servers, so two weeks of delivery delays, one water damaged shipment killed their ability to deliver on time.

• @xSDMx said:
    WSI looked perfect. Unfortunately, as soon as I added the 5150 to my cart it was marked OOS.

Don't know if you found one or not yet, but WSI has them back in stock: https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=239

• @MarkTurner said:
    When I checked in on Friday there was about 30 machines left to deliver, those will be delivered over the coming 24-48 hours. Then their backorders are completed. The problem has been the weather disruption stopping people getting to site and deliver issues on hard disks. Remember Delimiter (Yomura) use new disks on these server rather than recycling the original ones that were used on the servers, so two weeks of delivery delays, one water damaged shipment killed their ability to deliver on time.

It would be nice if they told that to those of us who placed orders weeks ago instead of keeping us completely in the dark.

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited February 2014

well to be fair mark != delimiter. But yea I have to agree things fell thru the crack on the team. I waited for 3 weeks before I pull the trigger on the refund request I was given the full refund no question ask(there is one day delay in paypal refund but i was not in a hurry). I will probably order the atom if they have it available again.

• @Belinik - from next month we are working with Delimiter to deliver their servers same day. We're helping them streamline their processes a little.

• But, the atom I ordered from Delimiter was delivered in 3 work days before the storm. For the deep discount, I'm okay with wait times. I've also had very friendly interactions with their support staff.

Reminds me of other providers I've been introduced to here that we're trying hard to do well but got knocked down by circumstances beyond their control.

Other than delivery delays, I've been very happy with Delimiter. Maybe they will do something nice for those that waited out the delay? A pen, a mug, a free IP4 for the duration of the lease? ;-)

• @catalystium

Thanks! I ended up going with WSI. A little bit more expensive than Delimiter, but so far WSI's customer service has proven absolutely amazing. The extra cost is worth the quick, courteous customer support.