Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CLOSED] Windows 7 VPS RDP for developer ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CLOSED] Windows 7 VPS RDP for developer ?

bingo19bingo19 Member
edited February 2014 in Requests

Hello,

I am in the process of migrating from Azure to a VPS provider. Because I am a Chromebook user, I need a Windows VPS to be able to RDP to and develop from the machine.

I have small needs : install two IDE, the Android and the Java SDK. I have experienced the current config : 1GB/30GB.

I am looking for a stable, experienced provider as my projects will be stored on the machine.

If you have any advice ? (I accept providers offers too)

Comments

• Winity.io by @serverian :) $7 for 1gb(not sure if their promotion is still on, you can try the promo code "LAUNCH")

• said: I am in the process of migrating from Azure to a VPS provider. Because I am a Chromebook user, I need a Windows VPS to be able to RDP to and develop from the machine.

I have small needs : install two IDE, the Android and the Java SDK. I have experienced the current config : 1GB/30GB.

Why you need Windows vps for that?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Or Inception Hosting and the HVM offer in Florida.
    The offer is posted here on LET.

• @tux said:
    Why you need Windows vps for that?

Because I need to use a Windows software my company provides to me. The purpose for me is to be able to work on those projects when I am at home from my Chromebook :)
    I can not use a Linux server with Eclipse to be able to continue the projects on the Windows machine at work :)

• MikHo said: Or Inception Hosting and the HVM offer in Florida.

Thanks MikHo. But I saw on their order form "Windows Server 2008 R2 (180 day)". I hoped to find a solution with the licence included. Impossible ? ;-)

• wcypierre said: Winity.io

Thanks WcyPierre. I will probably choose them. I contacted them to check if my usage is OK