Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM in Buffalo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM in Buffalo

Helo, need to move a Elastix KVM to Buffalo. Requisites:

• 1GB RAM
  • 30Gb of HD (Fast, but no need to be SSD)
  • Move the SolusVM KVM from other provider
  • Reconfigure network

Thanks

Comments

• Plz provide test IP. Thank you !

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sorry, there are no vps providers in buffalo.

• jarland said: Sorry, there are no vps providers in buffalo.

I am actually shocked ,no offers still :(

• Yes, i think this should be my next Location :) New York here i come :)

• No responses to this thread is just bizarre

• @Virtovo said:
    No responses to this thread is just bizarre

No is not, it's Sunday some of them may go to Church with the Fam etc... so maybe the have the day off today, let's see for tomorow.

• Probably the "Move the SolusVM KVM from other provider" part is what makes them not bother.

• If you can consider another area apart from Buffalo I can certainly help you; however I'm guessing from your specific request and your intended use it is most likely location sensitive.

Who are good KVM providers in Buffalo? Maybe we can throw some suggestions to the OP and he can contact them directly. I get the feeling this may be a switch from another provider so could be time sensitive.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I think everyone assumes this is an advertising post.

Gosh, who on Earth could have a VPS company based out of Buffalo...perhaps a VPS company owned by LET's owners...

• @raindog308 said:
    I think everyone assumes this is an advertising post.

Gosh, who on Earth could have a VPS company based out of Buffalo...perhaps a VPS company owned by LET's owners...

OP has a history of looking for good VOIP locations. @keyjey I've looked through your post history and it seems that Miami may be a good option for you. If I can help, drop me a PM.

• There's a reason why I said "Buffalo". That's coz I use VoIP in Brazil and Spain mainly, and that's the ONLY location. I tried Miami, New Jersey and other places, but nothing better than Digital Ocean regarding latency. In fact best place is Digital Ocean (NY2), but that's not possible, if I want to just move one VPS or use my own ISO, for example.

Still waiting for offers, thanks !

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2014

@KeyJey we have KVM in Buffalo. Our web sites are going through a remake, but customer portals are open. go to https://my.kvmshell.com

• @marcm said:
    KeyJey we have KVM in Buffalo. Our web sites are going through a remake, but customer portals are open. go to https://my.kvmshell.com

How much time you will stay at Buffalo and then move to another city/region ?

• alexvolk said: How much time you will stay at Buffalo and then move to another city/region ?

Future plans are to go to the West Coast and one location in Europe. Won't move out of Buffalo though.

• hey @marcm, please provide an IP, thx.

• @KeyJey sent PM

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited February 2014

KeyJey said: There's a reason why I said "Buffalo". That's coz I use VoIP in Brazil and Spain mainly, and that's the ONLY location. I tried Miami, New Jersey and other places, but nothing better than Digital Ocean regarding latency. In fact best place is Digital Ocean (NY2), but that's not possible, if I want to just move one VPS or use my own ISO, for example.

DigitalOcean's NY2 is in New York City. Are you sure you want Buffalo? NYC and Buffalo are almost 400 miles apart. There are a number of other providers in NYC, like INIZ:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21801/iniz-nyc-kvm-offers-7-year-nyc-la-nl-offers-v4-v6

http://iniz.com/kvmvps.html

• @jarland said:
    Sorry, there are no vps providers in buffalo.

Normally a thanks would do, but this made me laugh so hard I woke my wife up. Well played, sir.

• Understand. My tests are giving me best latency in buffalo. Of course best latency is inside Digital Ocean.

Sorry for the main wrong info.

• Yes guys, yes, I confirm that Buffalo is different than NYC. I just testes an IP there (thx @marcm) and I got 20ms over NJ or Digital Ocean.

Right now, Digital Ocean gives me 118ms (media) and Buffalo 163ms. But don't trust this difference very much ! depending on the hours and traffic, It may change a lot. Anyway, right now it's 40ms.

What do we have there in NYC? Is it correct that Digital Ocean uses a Google DC in NYC area ? I want to be there with that network :) :)

Thanks in advance !

• KeyJey said: What do we have there in NYC? Is it correct that Digital Ocean uses a Google DC in NYC area ? I want to be there with that network :) :)

Run a trace from DigitalOcean to wherever you want to go. See which carrier it goes out of. Pretty much means anyone nearby that uses the same carrier will have similar results.

• Telia in both directions, Brazil and Spain.

• KeyJey said: Telia in both directions, Brazil and Spain.

That's all you need then. Colocrossing Buffalo also has Telia. Explains it. NYC would be faster though.

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • Got it, this is the building where Digital Ocean and Google ppl are in NYC:

http://colocrossing.com/datacenter/newyork/ny1

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Welcome to use lg.buf.colocrossing.com

Thanked by 1racksx
  • Helo, lg.buf.colocrossing.com is great. Any provider offering KVM servers there ? Need to move my server. If my provider alows me, he's giving me a lot of problems to avoid moving to another place.

• @KeyJey said:
    Yes guys, yes, I confirm that Buffalo is different than NYC. I just testes an IP there (thx marcm) and I got 20ms over NJ or Digital Ocean.

Right now, Digital Ocean gives me 118ms (media) and Buffalo 163ms. But don't trust this difference very much ! depending on the hours and traffic, It may change a lot. Anyway, right now it's 40ms.

What do we have there in NYC? Is it correct that Digital Ocean uses a Google DC in NYC area ? I want to be there with that network :) :)

Thanks in advance !

Have you try ubiquity ?

• No, didn't hear, I'll ask him. Thanks!

• Asked them but they don't gice the restoration service. "I am not aware of us providing that service, if you wish to you may be able to contact our sales department directly at [email protected] and they may be able to quote you on that"

• dnwk said: Have you try ubiquity ?

@KeyJey - I would skip them.

Thanked by 1KeyJey