Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CatalystHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CatalystHost

So I got an email today, one of the few providers that do this lovely and amazing thing.

Hi Everyone,

You are getting this e-mail because you were on Dallas2 that got hit with unscheduled maintenance. You can find out what node you are on in your control panel.

Just to give everyone a heads up, we did an emergency reboot on Dallas2 at 5:11AM CST and came back online at 5:18AM CST. All containers booted by up around 5:35AM CST. All service came back up normally and everything is looking good now, we will more than likely schedule a reboot in the future as maintenance. Just giving everyone a heads up on what happened. We have a few upgrades in mind that I think all of you will be happy to see. :) Going to upgrade our port to 2Gig LACP Bonding. This will give a little bit more head room on these little NTP attacks we are getting. Thanks for being a part of Catalyst, we are looking forward to expanding in Seattle soon :)

Keep Being Awesome,
Ryan Arp

wait... what? :D

we are looking forward to expanding in Seattle soon :) 

IT'S COMING :D

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I dont get it but whats so awesome when a host expand in US or to Netherlands? They already host a lot of LEB hosts with a lot locations so i dont see why.

• Afaik Incero is expanding to Seattle so that's probably why.

Thanked by 2ryanarp HalfEatenPie
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@INIZ said:
    Afaik Incero is expanding to Seattle so that's probably why.

Ja, I think they have it up already. Saw some post on FB about getting some extra 40Gbit Zayo link there so I assume it's already up.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited February 2014

@Infinity580 said:
    I dont get it but whats so awesome when a host expand in US or to Netherlands? They already host a lot of LEB hosts with a lot locations so i dont see why.

Brand worship. Plus ryan is a baller.

Edit: didn't notice the Seattle thing, looking forward to that.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Infinity580 said:

That's like asking why someone would ever pick one brand over another. Two Solusvm accounts are not equal. Every provider has their own way that they handle clients, support, administration, notifications, capacity, etc. If you like a provider and they expand to a location you want or need, it's cause for celebration.

• @jarland said:
    That's like asking why someone would ever pick one brand over another. Two Solusvm accounts are not equal. Every provider has their own way that they handle clients, support, administration, notifications, capacity, etc. If you like a provider and they expand to a location you want or need, it's cause for celebration.

Exactly :D

edited February 2014

@Setsura you mean this ?

Yeah ryan is doing well, i like it.

• @Infinity580 said:
    Setsura you mean this ?

Yeah ryan is doing well, i like it.

I wish I knew what was going on with this.

edited February 2014

Should i now ignite knaller (Kim)

Ignite it! (army)

BOOOOOOOM

INSANE(Kim again)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Looking forward to growing and expanding in Seattle. Got a few other projects I am working on, such as finishing up getting native IPV6 up and going. We are going to be a bit delayed on our IPV6 as we are using our own IPV6 Allocation from ARIN. Decided to do things right and avoid a renumber :)

• serverianserverian Member
    edited February 2014

Mr. "I run this game" Arp.

Disclaimer: http://www.subzin.com/quotes/Revolver/Mr+l-run-this-game+Gold

Thanked by 2Zen HalfEatenPie
    edited February 2014

serverian said: Mr. "I run this game" Arp.

Playing some Dead Rising this afternoon, somehow my turn was always on boss fights. All I wanted to do was drive the big tank and run over zombies :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Hey @ryanarp - Seattle is right in my backyard. Can I move my LEB there once you're up and running or is it cancel/rebuy (which is not a big deal).

I can move you over :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

ryanarp said: Dead Rising

Good game