Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Projects to contribute bandwidth to - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Projects to contribute bandwidth to

2»

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

I think this topic is still relevant. So I am interested!

• JioJio Member

i'm interested too, have a few gbit/s to offer but not much disk (sub-500gb)

syncthing doesn't get nearly enough traffic unfortunately

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Nowadays I'm running ArchiveTeam Warrior on idle VPS.
    It downloads public websites and uploads them for preservation in the Internet Archive.

• @yoursunny said:
    It downloads public websites and uploads them for preservation in the Internet Archive.

How much bandwidth does it consume per month? And what's the avg. CPU load?

• valkvalk Member
    edited March 2021

@benj0x said:

Bandwidth? Depends, I downloaded 54GB of reddit archive, and I only started it a few days ago, sometimes you got "No item received. There aren't any items available for this project at the moment. Try again later." , no bandwidth would be used, avg load is small, I have a quite of applications running on it and it just idling around 0.1-0.2, could be smaller if it's a fresh server

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited March 2021

@benj0x said:

@yoursunny said:

I have ArchiveTeam Warrior running in Docker, on all the underutilized VPS.
    When I select a wget-based project such as "URLs", it uses 5~10GB per day.

CPU of the Docker container is hard-limited to 33%, which is the ToS limit with @MaxKVM.
    When I'm looking, actual CPU usage is less than 5% most of the time, but sometimes spikes up to 20%.

@VirMach because their ToS requires "I/O must be idle 80% of the time" that is impossible to enforce with Docker, so I can only select "URL Team 2" project, which operates in RAM and uses 100MB transfer per day.

You can find my name on https://tracker.archiveteam.org/webs/#show-all and many other projects.

yoursunny 39.55GiB 310.60Kitems