Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS/Dedi 30TB/Unmetered BW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS/Dedi 30TB/Unmetered BW

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited February 2014 in Requests

Here is what I need:
500GB HD (Only using about 300GB but need some room to grow if its possible
30TB and or Unmetered BW.
2GB of Ram

I`m run a few simple html pages and 1 big html page with a ton of downloads for Phone development. Nothing copyrighted.

Needs to have good uptime and be Stable!

My budget is $30 and that`s at max. I was paying 19Euros around $25 but they are closing servers :(

Hoping to Find one ASAP

Comments

• tuguhosttuguhost Member
    edited February 2014

@hyelton said:
    Here is what I need:
    500GB HD (Only using about 300GB but need some room to grow if its possible
    30TB and or Unmetered BW.
    2GB of Ram

I`m run a few simple html pages and 1 big html page with a ton of downloads for Phone development. Nothing copyrighted.

Needs to have good uptime and be Stable!

My budget is $30 and that`s at max. I was paying 19Euros around $25 but they are closing servers :(

Hoping to Find one ASAP

http://wholesaleinternet.com/

2 Cores / 2 Threads

1.8GHz or higher - 1 processor

2GB DDR2 RAM

2x 250GB SATA Hard Drive

Unmetered bandwith

$27.00/month

kimsufi could be option too, but their canada server is out of stock now

Thanked by 1ballard26
  • A little off topic, but whos closing the servers?

• @jakelong said:
    A little off topic, but whos closing the servers?

I meant to edit that, They WHERE gonna close them due to rising costs, but decided to keep them but I`d be paying over $35 for it instead of $25 and have less. I would just stay, but sadly support is lacking :( Took 4 days after they said my VPS was closing to even respond and they are online ONCE a day. Its LilithHost. The VPS has been great for the months I had it with them but support is lacking badly and I just cant afford to have downtime or loose files.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

said: I`m run a few simple html pages and 1 big html page with a ton of downloads for Phone development. Nothing copyrighted.

I bet a bunch of providers would love to host that. I always enjoy seeing situations where people actually have a good reason for using a ton of bandwidth.

• @tuguhost I looked at them and completely forgot! How is that CPU? I did try out a dedi a few days ago and ONE download was maxing out my CPU it was one of the Nano/Atom CPU things.

edited February 2014

@hyelton said:

So Why you need 500 gb diskspace o-0

@hyelton said:
    tuguhost I looked at them and completely forgot! How is that CPU? I did try out a dedi a few days ago and ONE download was maxing out my CPU it was one of the Nano/Atom CPU things.

it better than atom :)

• tuguhost said: So Why you need 500 gb diskspace o-0

Phone Dev Files are 1-2GB in size lol :) I could go with 400GB if it was cheaper. I was just saying 500GB to have some extra space if needed. I`ve grew from 100GB last year to now 300GB last month same for BW.

@jarland Legitly using it :)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@tuguhost said:

He probably needs it for Android ROMs.

• So How well is WholeSaleInternet? Are they a good provider? Do they have a refund policy? Also with a Dedi Do I need to install my own security stuff? Or is firewall stuff done by hardware? Cause Im just used to VPS and Dont want to be unsecure

hyelton said: So How well is WholeSaleInternet? Are they a good provider? Do they have a refund policy? Also with a Dedi Do I need to install my own security stuff? Or is firewall stuff done by hardware? Cause Im just used to VPS and Dont want to be unsecure

I would expect no refunds over a dedi and just consider any money spent as gone, it would be a good personal policy to have. Their bandwidth is great, support is great, security is yours to handle inside of the system.

edited February 2014

@hyelton said:
    So How well is WholeSaleInternet? Are they a good provider? Do they have a refund policy? Also with a Dedi Do I need to install my own security stuff? Or is firewall stuff done by hardware? Cause Im just used to VPS and Dont want to be unsecure

No refund policy

like any other UNMANAGED dedi/vps provider, you must secure it yourself

• I just did not want to pay $27 and not be happy. I get an average of 5,000 visits a day and most are there to download a file or 2. Will 100MB connection be good enough? Also would the CPU be good enough? I Don`t need it maxing out.

hyelton said: Will 100MB connection be good enough?

Truth is most people report that they don't limit the port to 100mbit on the 100mbit unmetered plans. I think if the usage stays under what 100mbit comes out to per month they usually don't, but there's no actual promise of that.

edited February 2014

@hyelton said:
    I just did not want to pay $27 and not be happy. I get an average of 5,000 visits a day and most are there to download a file or 2. Will 100MB connection be good enough? Also would the CPU be good enough? I Don`t need it maxing out.

NO

that was low end server with low end bandwith (cogent). if you want quality raise your budget. But for their price wholesaleinternet isnt bad.

if u need better cpu, try their dual l5150 https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=239 ($29)
    it would a lot of better than first one or any vps cpu that i ever use

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited February 2014

Okay what about the CPU?

Here is whats Currently going on on my VPS
    http://i58.tinypic.com/10dgivs.png
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2gyc8ir.png

• tuguhost said: if u need better cpu, try their dual l5150 https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=239 ($29) it would a lot of better than first one or any vps cpu that i ever use.

I see that that plan says 100MB unmetered on the page with all the servers, but when clicking order it says its 20TB at 1GB does that means its 1GB port for the first 20TB then 100mb afterwards?

• it would be fine with dual 5150
    usually vps cpu is shared, so it would have better cpu.

• How long is there turnover time usually I know it says 1-2 days, but I`ve seen it either earlier or longer.

• Your more than welcome to order one of our Citrix XenServer plans and upgrade it later. We could do those specs for $25 per month and if your not happy with it within 72 hours, we will refund your payment.

• What about Kimsufi?

• I am not sure if your content is static or not huy if so a CDN could help a lot in this case.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited February 2014

I can offer you the following VPS in the UK or something very similar within New Jersey.

• 4x Intel Xeon E5-2430 Cores
    • 400GB RAID10 Storage
    • 2GB RAM / 2GB Swap
    • 30TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • 1 IPV4 Address + IPv6
    • Hampshire, UK

Price Monthly: $23.00 & I'll also provide 25% OFF first 2 months :-)

Other options for bandwidth & Storage are available if you have any specific requirements or would like to have a chat please email: [email protected]

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited February 2014

2 Cores / 2 Threads
    1.8GHz or higher - 1 processor
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    2x 250GB SATA Hard Drive
    Unmetered bandwith
    $27.00/month

I`m upset, I ordered the $29 on Friday and was told it will be after Tuesday! I cant wait that Long :(

• @hyelton said:
    I`m upset, I ordered the $29 on Friday and was told it will be after Tuesday! I cant wait that Long :(

Well, it listed on their website that server deployed in 3 business day.

That wasnt unusual time for dedicated server deployment

• @hyelton said:

Most providers do not provision dedicated server on weekends. And learn that you should contact provider before ordering if timeframe is crucial for you.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited February 2014

If you dont mind the location I can provide you the following offer:

• HDD: 600GB
    • RAM: 3GB RAM
    • BW: Unmettered on 1Gbps port
    • $30/month

Or

• HDD: 300GB
    • RAM: 1.5GB RAM
    • BW: Unmettered on 1Gbps port
    • $18/month
      PM me to get 10% off your first month too :)
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

We also offer UNMETERED BW VPSSES: http://www.vpsslim.com/unmetered-bandwidth-vps-nl/ in NL