Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any 2 GB RAM VPS for 10 USD Max? (EU) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any 2 GB RAM VPS for 10 USD Max? (EU)

2»

Comments

• AmfyAmfy Member

@Francisco said: In Europe? Ya it seems pretty common now.

Right, but why not? The most people don't want to spend more money on their server than the normal fee (and don't want to get high bills on the end of month). And the most people who will use the server real professional will contact the provider by mail and handle out special conditions.

@Francisco said: The only ones that are otherwise are ones that you pay a decent coin to get dedicated resources.

They also offer a 100mb dedicated unmetered option (but I think only on their dedicated servers), but I don't think that many people are really using that with a vps / on lowendtalk

@Francisco: How would you like to have it?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Amfy said: @Francisco: How would you like to have it?

No need to get uppity, just making a statement :) I prefer unmetered, always.

We had a 95 percentile deal with our upstream back in the day and it bit us hard when some user went flooding hard off our old vmware platform. Since then we don't buy bandwidth unless it's a full commit.

Francisco

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited April 2012

Do you really need 100Gb Disk? up2vps.com offer 2Gb RAM/80Gb hard disk for about $10. In spite of the low opinion they are held on LEB/LET they have lasted longer than a number of providers here I have tried.

Just don't drag me down if you are hosted on my node :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rchurch said: In spite of the low opinion they are held on LEB/LET

They get my thumbs up for that. They've held out the longest with the budget 2GB plans and haven't raised prices or done anything else sleazy (like pull an ipap).

I think their biggest issue is (or was?) communication. English isn't their native tongue, don't even think their 2nd tongue.

Francisco

• JTRJTR Member

http://up2vps.com/

20GB below what you wanted, but whatever, beggars can't be choosers.

I used them for a month last year, uptime and performance weren't the greatest, but my node might have been overloaded.

• @Oliver Do the server4you.net systems come with some KVM/IPMI?

• @DotVPS So how do you reinstall them if something goes wrong? Are you stuck with their default options?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@rchurch There is a rescue mode which appears to drop into some stripped down Ubuntu to repair stuff. Their web based system allows reboots and fresh installs to various OS configurations and disk configurations (for example you can install CentOS with mdadm RAID1 or with no RAID (in which case you get twice the disk space with no redundancy).

I'm really happy with this so far, I've been pushing 100mbits in and out for days on end helping with these archiveteam projects from both the German and American one I have and not experienced any hiccups at all.

• up2vpsup2vps Member
    edited April 2012

@JTR said: http://up2vps.com/

20GB below what you wanted, but whatever, beggars can't be choosers.

I used them for a month last year, uptime and performance weren't the greatest, but my node might have been overloaded.

Yes We get hard month last Year ago . but now all new and old node which upgrade more powerful

Uptime: 05:51:09 up 181 days, 11:02, 0 users, load average: 2.07, 2.30, 2.73
    Uptime: 03:22:18 up 219 days, 20:54, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00
    and all other node between 100 to 150 days
    All new node I/O test
    [root@xxx ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=16k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 0.91274 seconds, 295 MB/s
    [root@xxx ~]#

download test
    [root@xxx /]# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --01:24:30-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `100mb.test'

100%[=================================================>] 104,857,600 59.9M/s in 1.7s

01:24:32 (59.9 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

[root@xxx /]#

@rchurch said: Do you really need 100Gb Disk? up2vps.com offer 2Gb RAM/80Gb hard disk for about $10. In spite of the low opinion they are held on LEB/LET they have lasted longer than a number of providers here I have tried.

Just don't drag me down if you are hosted on my node :)

did you have issue with your vps?

• @up2vps No I have had no issues. When you have a good deal you keep it to yourself so that abusers don't come to spoil the party.

• bijan588bijan588 Member
    edited April 2012

They want my uncensored passport...

Fuck that

• up2vpsup2vps Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco said: They get my thumbs up for that. They've held out the longest with the budget 2GB plans and haven't raised prices or done anything else sleazy (like pull an ipap).

I think their biggest issue is (or was?) communication. English isn't their native tongue, don't even think their 2nd tongue.

We have enough profit to keep our Business up and Yes we don't have Positive Language.

@bijan588 said: They want my uncensored passport...

who?

@rchurch said: No I have had no issues. When you have a good deal you keep it to yourself so that abusers don't come to spoil the party.

We do our best to do this.

• @Oliver Is it possible to install KVM or OpenVZ on their systems?

Do you have some ideas of their pricing for additional IPs and whether you are allowed more than 4?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@rchurch I have successfully installed OpenVZ on one of mine and setup a not-so-LEB for another LET'er. I have not used KVM but I cannot see any reason why it would not work.

The pricing on the additional IPs is one euro per month per IP. I don't think you are allowed more than 4 in total.

Thanked by 1rchurch