All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
Servitro: unusable IPv4 (broadcast address), no ticket reply in 5 days
I'll be honest: I'd much rather have resolved this quietly through a support ticket than post about it publicly. But after 5 days with no reply of any kind, I've run out of other options — so I'm sharing my experience with Servitro here, in the hope that it gets resolved and perhaps a rep will see it.
The problem
After my server was provisioned, I found it couldn't reach the internet at all. After some debugging, it looks like the IPv4 assigned to my server ends in .255 — which, with the standard /24 configuration, makes it the network broadcast address rather than a usable host address.
My configuration (IPs partially masked):
- IP address: x.x.x.255
- Gateway: x.x.x.1
- Netmask: /24
What I observed:
- Pinging the gateway works fine
- Any external address (e.g. 8.8.8.8) → 100% packet loss
I understand this could theoretically be worked around with a /32 routed setup, but nothing about that was mentioned when the IP was assigned, and it would need manual fixing again after any OS reinstall. My guess is the IP was allocated automatically without checking for the .0/.255 edge case — an understandable mistake, and an easy one to fix by swapping to a different IP.
The support side
I opened a ticket right away with full details (routing table, ping tests, and a specific question about how the IP should be configured), and later followed up asking if they could simply assign a different IP. Since then, nothing — the ticket has been sitting for 5 days without a single reply, not even an acknowledgment.
What I'm hoping for
Nothing unusual — just a usable IPv4 address, or at the very least a reply to the ticket. I'll be happy to update this thread once it's resolved.
@Servitro #GIR-128581