New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
How does the cancellation work for yearly Netcup vps in case of renewal ?
My netcup yearly vps was ending on 11 september. I cancelled it on 24 August. Now, I still got the invoice for next year renewal. I checked that their cancellation date shows 11 October, not 11 september. I have mailed them to cancel the invoice but still no response.
I know that they have 31 day prior notice to cancel it which I missed. But I also heard that in case of renewal of contract there is a German law that you can be charged only for one extension month. So, Ideally I should be charged for 1 month from 11 septemebr to 11 october.
Comments
i usually just don't pay the invoice if i wanna cancel
They are German company and they hand over unpaid invoice to debt collection.
I have no issues with paying if they guarantee the prorated refund. Or they rectify the invoice.
mmm.. do debt collectors gonna be coming at me if i live in the other side of the world?
Depends on the amount of debt, but yes. They won’t for a 100€/y VPS, obviously.
If it is a legacy one with old pricing, just offer it for transfer.
Those are in high demand and someone will be willing to cover your costs to get it transferred