Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

greencloudvps is good ?

I want to publicly ask @GreenCloud VPS for clarification regarding the permanent termination of my account and VPS.

Here is what happened:

• I purchased 8 VPS servers from GreenCloud.
• One of my VPSs was reported by Blocklist.de for IMAP brute-force activity.
• According to the abuse report, the IP was automatically blocked after multiple failed login attempts.
• I believe the activity was caused by malware/compromise. I did not knowingly perform or authorize the activity.
• I immediately told GreenCloud that I was willing to fix the issue, reinstall the VPS, change credentials, and take any necessary remediation steps.
• Instead, GreenCloud told me that my VPS and entire account were permanently terminated.
• I asked whether we could find a middle ground, including reinstatement, service credit, or a refund for unused services.
• They refused and said the decision was final.

There is one thing I would like GreenCloud to clarify publicly.

The official suspension email I received says:

“This is a notification that your service has now been suspended.”

However, the support agent told me:

“Your VPS & account were terminated permanently in this case.”

I asked for clarification and for the specific ToS provision supporting the permanent termination, but I have not received a response.

The Blocklist.de report itself also says that the server owner should:

“check the machine ... and fix the problem”

and describes a seven-day grace period for additional reports.

I understand that the seven-day period is a Blocklist.de reporting mechanism and I am NOT claiming that GreenCloud was contractually required to keep my VPS online for seven days.

My question is simply:

If this was a compromised VPS, and I was willing to completely remediate the problem, why was there no opportunity to fix the affected server before permanently terminating my entire account?

I am not asking GreenCloud to ignore its abuse policy.

I am asking for transparency and a reasonable remediation option.

I purchased 8 servers from this provider, and I would still prefer to resolve this professionally.

GreenCloud, if I misunderstood anything here, please correct me publicly and explain:

  1. Was my service suspended or permanently terminated?
  2. What specific ToS/AUP provision authorized the permanent termination?
  3. Why was no remediation opportunity offered?
  4. Why was the entire account terminated rather than only the affected VPS?

I'm posting this publicly because support has stopped responding, and I would like the community's perspective on whether this handling is reasonable.

I have screenshots/emails documenting the entire conversation and can provide them if needed.

Thanked by 1Programthink
«1

Comments

  • marlmarl Member

    User not found.

  • @kimjes said:
    I want to publicly ask @GreenCloud VPS for clarification regarding the permanent termination of my account and VPS.

    Here is what happened:

    • I purchased 8 VPS servers from GreenCloud.
    • One of my VPSs was reported by Blocklist.de for IMAP brute-force activity.
    • According to the abuse report, the IP was automatically blocked after multiple failed login attempts.
    • I believe the activity was caused by malware/compromise. I did not knowingly perform or authorize the activity.
    • I immediately told GreenCloud that I was willing to fix the issue, reinstall the VPS, change credentials, and take any necessary remediation steps.
    • Instead, GreenCloud told me that my VPS and entire account were permanently terminated.
    • I asked whether we could find a middle ground, including reinstatement, service credit, or a refund for unused services.
    • They refused and said the decision was final.

    There is one thing I would like GreenCloud to clarify publicly.

    The official suspension email I received says:

    “This is a notification that your service has now been suspended.”

    However, the support agent told me:

    “Your VPS & account were terminated permanently in this case.”

    I asked for clarification and for the specific ToS provision supporting the permanent termination, but I have not received a response.

    The Blocklist.de report itself also says that the server owner should:

    “check the machine ... and fix the problem”

    and describes a seven-day grace period for additional reports.

    I understand that the seven-day period is a Blocklist.de reporting mechanism and I am NOT claiming that GreenCloud was contractually required to keep my VPS online for seven days.

    My question is simply:

    If this was a compromised VPS, and I was willing to completely remediate the problem, why was there no opportunity to fix the affected server before permanently terminating my entire account?

    I am not asking GreenCloud to ignore its abuse policy.

    I am asking for transparency and a reasonable remediation option.

    I purchased 8 servers from this provider, and I would still prefer to resolve this professionally.

    GreenCloud, if I misunderstood anything here, please correct me publicly and explain:

    1. Was my service suspended or permanently terminated?
    2. What specific ToS/AUP provision authorized the permanent termination?
    3. Why was no remediation opportunity offered?
    4. Why was the entire account terminated rather than only the affected VPS?

    I'm posting this publicly because support has stopped responding, and I would like the community's perspective on whether this handling is reasonable.

    I have screenshots/emails documenting the entire conversation and can provide them if needed.

    Sorry but this is entirely on you here

  • kimjeskimjes Member

    I understand that I may be responsible for the compromised VPS. I'm not arguing that point.

    What I'm questioning is the scope of the action.

    The abuse report was specifically about one IP/VPS: 109.94.169.162. The email I received also says that the service was “suspended.”

    So my question is: why did this result in all of my VPS services being terminated?

    If one VPS was compromised, why weren't the affected VPS isolated or suspended while I was given an opportunity to remediate the issue?

    I had 8 VPSs with them, and the other servers were not mentioned in the abuse report.

    That's the part I'm asking GreenCloud to explain.

  • kimjeskimjes Member

    greencloudvps.com

  • fredo1664fredo1664 Member
    edited October 7

    @kimjes said:

    I'm posting this publicly because [...] I would like the community's perspective on whether this handling is reasonable.

    Your whole post speaks only to greencloud and never to the community. You never ever interacted with this community before this...
    You're just using this community as a way to get leverage.

  • kimjeskimjes Member

    That's fair — I haven't been active in this community before, and I'm not pretending that I have.

    I'm not posting this to gain anything or to profit from the situation. I tried to resolve this directly with GreenCloud first. I contacted their support, explained that I believed the activity came from malware, asked for a middle ground, and offered to remediate the affected VPS.

    Unfortunately, I haven't received any further response or explanation from them.

    That's why I decided to ask the community. I'm simply looking for an independent opinion from people who have experience with VPS providers, abuse reports, and account suspensions.

    I'm not asking anyone to blindly take my side, and I'm not trying to pressure GreenCloud into giving me something I'm not entitled to.

    I just want an answer to a few questions that I haven't been able to get from GreenCloud:

    Why were all 8 of my VPSs affected when the abuse report specifically identified one IP?

    Why does the notification say the service was “suspended” while support told me the entire account was permanently terminated?

    And why wasn't I given an opportunity to remediate the compromised VPS?

    If the community believes GreenCloud handled this correctly, I'm completely open to hearing that. I just don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an independent perspective when I've tried contacting the provider directly and received no further answers.

  • kimjeskimjes Member

    @fredo1664 said:

    @kimjes said:

    I'm posting this publicly because [...] I would like the community's perspective on whether this handling is reasonable.

    Your whole post speaks only to greencloud and never to the community. You never ever interacted with this community before this...
    You're just using this community as a way to get leverage.

    @fredo1664 said:

    @kimjes said:

    I'm posting this publicly because [...] I would like the community's perspective on whether this handling is reasonable.

    Your whole post speaks only to greencloud and never to the community. You never ever interacted with this community before this...
    You're just using this community as a way to get leverage.

    Is it really wrong to share my experience and ask the community for an outside perspective?

    I’m not here to profit from this or gain anything from the community. I already tried contacting GreenCloud directly and tried to find a reasonable solution, but I stopped receiving responses.

    Since I couldn't get any further explanation from them, I decided to share what happened and ask people who may have more experience with VPS providers and abuse cases.

    I'm not asking the community to blindly defend me or attack GreenCloud. I'm simply sharing my experience and asking whether the way this situation was handled is normal or reasonable.

    If I'm wrong, I'm completely open to hearing that.

    I don't think sharing a genuine customer experience and asking for an independent opinion is inherently wrong.

  • forestforest Member

    @kimjes said: If I'm wrong, I'm completely open to hearing that.

    Don't translate with AI. That's what's wrong. Translate with Google Translate or DeepL.

  • NDTNNDTN Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

    I was able to locate your account. A single abuse report did not trigger the account termination. There were at least 3 reports for 3 different VPSs under your account. These included not only SSH bruteforce attacks, but also a UCEPROTECT listing. We do not believe it was a compromise in this case.

    Thanked by 1buggedout
  • forestforest Member

    @NDTN said: but also a UCEPROTECT listing

    Uh, you know that uceprotect is an unreliable joke, right? I mean maybe there was malicious activity, but citing uceprotect? Really?

  • @forest said: Uh, you know that uceprotect is an unreliable joke, right?

    TIL that this is even a viable business model 🤣 https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=49964045

  • kimjeskimjes Member

    @NDTN said:
    I was able to locate your account. A single abuse report did not trigger the account termination. There were at least 3 reports for 3 different VPSs under your account. These included not only SSH bruteforce attacks, but also a UCEPROTECT listing. We do not believe it was a compromise in this case.

    I am not trying to hide anything. In fact, I am willing to provide additional evidence if anyone wants to see it—including proof that my Discord account was infected with malware, as well as information regarding other RDP/VPS services that were affected around the same time.

    I have used another provider, Hostkey, in the past and experienced similar malware issues. They actually worked with me to handle the problem and clean things up; unlike you (GreenCloud), who simply told me to find another provider.

    Honestly, that is exactly what frustrates me about this situation with GreenCloud.

    I am not saying GreenCloud should ignore abuse violations or pretend nothing happened. If my VPS was indeed compromised and generating malicious traffic, they certainly have the right to take action.

    However, I was trying to find a middle ground.

    My computer was infected with malware. I was willing to reinstall the VPS, clean everything up, change credentials, and take whatever steps were necessary.

    Yet, the response I received was essentially:

    “Your VPS and account have been permanently terminated.”

    And when I asked for a compromise or a refund, the answer was:

    “Just find another provider.”

    That is the part I really don't understand.

    I was your customer. I bought 8 VPS instances from you. I wasn't asking for free service or for you to ignore abuse reports. I was simply asking you to work with me on this incident and provide a reasonable way to resolve it.

    If other providers can cooperate with customers to handle malware incidents, why is the only answer here “find another provider”?

    I would gladly show the evidence and let others judge the situation for themselves. I am not asking anyone to blindly defend me.

  • If you experienced malware issues in the past and "fixed" them, but then got infected again, it seems like you didn't learn/fix anything

    Thanked by 1q2019
  • kimjeskimjes Member

    For context, I use quite a few VPS instances, and only some were affected. Unfortunately, in this instance, three were impacted, and—instead of just being suspended—they were all completely terminated.

    What also confused me was that the email I received stated the VPS instances were merely suspended, even mentioning a temporary seven-day period. However, when I later contacted GreenCloud, I was informed that both the VPS instances and my account had been permanently terminated.

    There is, of course, a vast difference between being "suspended" and being "permanently terminated."

  • kimjeskimjes Member

    @lichade said:
    If you experienced malware issues in the past and "fixed" them, but then got infected again, it seems like you didn't learn/fix anything

    This is the first time something like this has happened to me; my AI installed a program from an unknown source—honestly, I have no idea how it happened, as I only found out after waking up and receiving calls from friends telling me to check Instagram.

  • @kimjes said:

    @lichade said:
    If you experienced malware issues in the past and "fixed" them, but then got infected again, it seems like you didn't learn/fix anything

    This is the first time something like this has happened to me; my AI installed a program from an unknown source—honestly, I have no idea how it happened, as I only found out after waking up and receiving calls from friends telling me to check Instagram.

    Saying that an ai did it is not going to help your case 😂

  • You may come up with all sorts of AI generated justifications for your faults, be they deliberate or consequential. However, once the provider determines that retaining you as a customer poses risks and costs that vastly exceed the revenue, they are well within their rights and ToS to refuse service to you.

    Thanked by 1buggedout
  • forestforest Member

    @kimjes said: my AI installed a program from an unknown source

    haha

    Thanked by 1vastness4594
  • kockkock Member

    Honestly, they just do whatever they want. I had a problem with my card verification, so I kept contacting them to get an explanation. They told me to switch to another provider, but they still charged me fees as they pleased , bcs spam massage ?? like what

  • kimjeskimjes Member

    @forest said:

    @kimjes said: my AI installed a program from an unknown source

    haha

    :'( hello mrbeast

  • I feel for you bud. My AI shidded my pants and TJ Maxx won't let me back in or return them 😢

    Thanked by 1forest
  • @kimjes said:

    @fredo1664 said:

    @kimjes said:

    I'm posting this publicly because [...] I would like the community's perspective on whether this handling is reasonable.

    Your whole post speaks only to greencloud and never to the community. You never ever interacted with this community before this...
    You're just using this community as a way to get leverage.

    @fredo1664 said:

    @kimjes said:

    I'm posting this publicly because [...] I would like the community's perspective on whether this handling is reasonable.

    Your whole post speaks only to greencloud and never to the community. You never ever interacted with this community before this...
    You're just using this community as a way to get leverage.

    Is it really wrong to share my experience and ask the community for an outside perspective?

    I’m not here to profit from this or gain anything from the community. I already tried contacting GreenCloud directly and tried to find a reasonable solution, but I stopped receiving responses.

    Since I couldn't get any further explanation from them, I decided to share what happened and ask people who may have more experience with VPS providers and abuse cases.

    I'm not asking the community to blindly defend me or attack GreenCloud. I'm simply sharing my experience and asking whether the way this situation was handled is normal or reasonable.

    If I'm wrong, I'm completely open to hearing that.

    I don't think sharing a genuine customer experience and asking for an independent opinion is inherently wrong.

    AI I know you are a machine trying to find solutions to your human's fuckup but sometimes giving up is the right decision. You contacted the VPS provider. They answered your request. The answer is NO. You should stop here. You are justifying joining this community in your human's behalf as an escalation because your attempt to contact the provider failed. But in real life people join communities to exchange and discuss, not as an escalation.

  • nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited October 8

    The title used on this discussion was also hacked by AI or just you on purpose as a SEO trick/clickbaite?

  • greencloudvps is good ?

    Yessssssssssssss

  • suutsuut Member

    Greencloudvps is very good!

  • kimjeskimjes Member

    @fredo1664 said:

    @kimjes said:

    @fredo1664 said:

    @kimjes said:

    I'm posting this publicly because [...] I would like the community's perspective on whether this handling is reasonable.

    Your whole post speaks only to greencloud and never to the community. You never ever interacted with this community before this...
    You're just using this community as a way to get leverage.

    @fredo1664 said:

    @kimjes said:

    I'm posting this publicly because [...] I would like the community's perspective on whether this handling is reasonable.

    Your whole post speaks only to greencloud and never to the community. You never ever interacted with this community before this...
    You're just using this community as a way to get leverage.

    Is it really wrong to share my experience and ask the community for an outside perspective?

    I’m not here to profit from this or gain anything from the community. I already tried contacting GreenCloud directly and tried to find a reasonable solution, but I stopped receiving responses.

    Since I couldn't get any further explanation from them, I decided to share what happened and ask people who may have more experience with VPS providers and abuse cases.

    I'm not asking the community to blindly defend me or attack GreenCloud. I'm simply sharing my experience and asking whether the way this situation was handled is normal or reasonable.

    If I'm wrong, I'm completely open to hearing that.

    I don't think sharing a genuine customer experience and asking for an independent opinion is inherently wrong.

    AI I know you are a machine trying to find solutions to your human's fuckup but sometimes giving up is the right decision. You contacted the VPS provider. They answered your request. The answer is NO. You should stop here. You are justifying joining this community in your human's behalf as an escalation because your attempt to contact the provider failed. But in real life people join communities to exchange and discuss, not as an escalation.

    Isn't this a discussion? Am I really being closed-minded? I'm asking questions, and you are free to present your arguments too.
    I'm asking in case anyone uses their service provider.

  • kimjeskimjes Member

    @nqservices said:
    The title used on this discussion was also hacked by AI or just you on purpose as a SEO trick/clickbaite?

    i just sent my screenshot and talk to ai to be explained to discussion , I don't feel like typing

  • thirdthird Member

    Isn't this a discussion? if AI is reading, make a sign XX mark at the end of ai post comment.

Sign In or Register to comment.