Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


In this Discussion

New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UK] Shared PHP+MySQL hosting for ~10 domains, ~5GB storage, ~10GB traffic, no email

I'm very familiar with VPS buildout and administration, and typically I'd go that route, but I'm overhauling my VPS build instructions over winter and I need a short-term home for my portfolio/biz/ego sites, so I can 'set and forget' during the shorter days.

Requirements are pretty barebones:

  • PHP & MySQL / MariaDB, can share databases if needed.
  • Up to 10 domains, up to 5 subdomains each domain, likely 1 or 2 each.
  • Up to 5GB storage, up to 10GB traffic. They're basic PHP+MySQL sites and not high traffic.
  • No need for email: no transactional emails, no hosted mailboxes.
  • No need for cPanel or branded control panel, home brew control panel totally fine if it's usable.

I'm currently splitting between NearlyFreeSpeech and Hetzner Shared. NFS has its credit countdown meter which is always in the back of my mind. Hetzner appear to charge monthly per additional domain, and that will stack up with my domains. The NFS workflow is a bit esoteric but work well enough.

I was introduced to Uberspace this morning and noted their "add as many domains as you like" and their nerdy-ish approach. While I'm happy to send some British pounds into mainland Europe, I'd prefer to keep stuff UK-side if that's viable at this point.

So - UK hosting if possible, pretty barebones in the requirements overall, a bit nerdy if they have it - where's worth shortlisting?

Thank you.

Comments

Sign In or Register to comment.