Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Request] High bandwidth storage server to Vast.AI

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to do a research, which involve AI and a lot of data
I need to rent a 2-5TB storage server that has at least 100TB bandwidth, and a 10G connection to vast.ai servers (mostly US, UK or europe locations) in which the servers may change after a period
I only rent for a month (this Oct)
Thanks.

Comments

  • LeviLevi Veteran

    Lmao, for a month!

  • rpqurpqu Member

    Rent by hour dedi?

  • ObelousObelous Member
    edited 11:52AM

    @mhpteam said: and a 10G connection to vast.ai servers (mostly US, UK or europe locations)

    Vast is a p2p marketplace, so that doesn't narrow it down lol

    Also FYI if you haven't used Vast before, it's unlikely you'll reach anywhere near 10G on a lot of those providers because a lot of them perform like shit and network is shared across lots of renters, and don't trust what the listing says.

    Thanked by 1buggedout
  • mhpteammhpteam Member

    @Levi said:
    Lmao, for a month!

    I worked at McDonald for months to request this :D

    @rpqu said:
    Rent by hour dedi?

    Do you have any recommendations?

    @Obelous said:

    @mhpteam said: and a 10G connection to vast.ai servers (mostly US, UK or europe locations)

    Vast is a p2p marketplace, so that doesn't narrow it down lol

    Also FYI if you haven't used Vast before, it's unlikely you'll reach anywhere near 10G on a lot of those providers because a lot of them perform like shit and network is shared across lots of renters, and don't trust what the listing says.

    I'm renting B300 datacenter grade but my home connection is so shit so I need a high speed storage near them :D

  • ObelousObelous Member

    @mhpteam said: I'm renting B300 datacenter grade but my home connection is so shit so I need a high speed storage near them

    You know you can just attach a local volume if you need persistent storage? And then it doesn't go over the network.

  • xHostsxHosts Patron Provider, Veteran

    What is the budget on this, we have 10G servers in the UK

    Thanked by 1mhpteam
  • rpqurpqu Member
    edited 2:12PM

    @mhpteam said:

    @Levi said:
    Lmao, for a month!

    I worked at McDonald for months to request this :D

    @rpqu said:
    Rent by hour dedi?

    Do you have any recommendations?

    Scaleway elastic metal

    AMD EPYC 8434P 48C / 96T - 2.5 GHz
    384 GB DDR5 ECC 3.2 GHz 2 × 3.84 TB NVMe

    €1.2/hour + 25gbps addon €2.05/hour

    I'm renting B300 datacenter grade but my home connection is so shit so I need a high speed storage near them :D

    Yeah, you definitely should use hourly dedi
    If you have extra money, get 64*32GB DDR4 and setup a ramdisk (ram costs $8.32K) for maximum write speed then colo

    Thanked by 1mhpteam
  • In case you aren't aware Vast charges insane prices for bandwidth. Be warned! And from personal experience :)

    Thanked by 1rpqu
  • ObelousObelous Member
    edited 4:46PM

    @averagedatahoarder said:
    In case you aren't aware Vast charges insane prices for bandwidth. Be warned! And from personal experience :)

    1. the providers set the price, not vast
    2. not all of them charge for bandwidth
    3. you can see it before renting
  • @Obelous said:

    @averagedatahoarder said:
    In case you aren't aware Vast charges insane prices for bandwidth. Be warned! And from personal experience :)

    1. the providers set the price, not vast
    2. not all of them charge for bandwidth
    3. its listed when you rent it

    All three are true, though very few providers have free bw

  • ObelousObelous Member
    edited 4:54PM

    @averagedatahoarder said: All three are true, though very few providers have free bw

    100+ offers, we must have a different definition of "very few". This includes some that charge $0.005/TB which is effectively free.

    What sucks with Vast though, in my experience, is that instances just get stuck sometimes and they keep billing you. I've had to contact support multiple times because of that.

Sign In or Register to comment.