Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap "exotic" VPSes

2»

Comments

  • forestforest Member

    @ConceptPeter said: I'm willing to provide help and relay information and questions to make everyone happy.

    Do you know if their Norway location is 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps? Because the description says it starts at 100 Mbps, but the purchase page shows 10 Mbps.

  • @forest said: For Laos? It's a price issue. Laos probably doesn't even have 10 Gbps total passing through the whole country.

    Oh, I checked it too. They only have one gateway for the whole country, so it’s fair. :sweat:

  • x0x0xx0x0x Member

    @ConceptPeter said: a shill is usually only in it for themselves

    @ConceptPeter said: If anyone wants to check his offers you can find them at https://order.noackhosting.se/ (aff link)

    Checks out, unfortunately.

    @ConceptPeter said: I'm willing to provide help and relay information and questions to make everyone happy.

    Classic mission. Make everyone happy. Historically, that's gone very well.

    @ConceptPeter said: If you think that is a bad thing, I guess you are free to call me whatever you want

    I don't really care, to be honest. I only pointed it out because it was stated in plain sight on your profile. Shills tend to have a pretty short stay around here, so your help and information relaying while being affiliated with the company probably isn't going to get you very far.

  • @Neoon said:
    any deals?

    No LET specific deals, just the normal offers. https://order.noackhosting.se/?affid=28 (aff link)
    Cheapest ones are:

    KVM VPS Mini - Sweden, Norway, Thailand, Laos
    CPU: 1 Core
    RAM: 1G RAM
    Disk Space: 5 GB SSD
    IPv4: 1 Address
    IPv6: 1 Address
    Network Interface: 100Mbit in Sweden & Norway. 10Mbit best effort on 1Gbps in Thailand. Unlimited bw on available 4Mbit international traffic in Laos
    Price with VAT: ~$18.65 USD Per Year

    For @x0x0x the non affiliate link is: https://order.noackhosting.se/ so you can get one without helping me out.

    Thanked by 1wrox
  • @x0x0x said:

    I don't really care, to be honest. I only pointed it out because it was stated in plain sight on your profile. Shills tend to have a pretty short stay around here, so your help and information relaying while being affiliated with the company probably isn't going to get you very far.

    Well, in that case, thank you for being Captian Obvious as I wasn't trying to hide anything.

    Get me very far? Do you think I'm expecting to get rich promoting really cheap VPSes? I'm doing a non-profit project and paying everything out of pocket. A 5% kickback might make it so I break even.

    But thank you for .. actually nothing .. You've provided no help, not improved anything, and just acted like .. well.. Someone who doesn't need thanks. So good luck to you.

  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

    @ConceptPeter said:

    @Neoon said:
    any deals?

    No LET specific deals, just the normal offers. https://order.noackhosting.se/?affid=28 (aff link)
    Cheapest ones are:

    KVM VPS Mini - Sweden, Norway, Thailand, Laos
    CPU: 1 Core
    RAM: 1G RAM
    Disk Space: 5 GB SSD
    IPv4: 1 Address
    IPv6: 1 Address
    Network Interface: 100Mbit in Sweden & Norway. 10Mbit best effort on 1Gbps in Thailand. Unlimited bw on available 4Mbit international traffic in Laos
    Price with VAT: ~$18.65 USD Per Year

    For @x0x0x the non affiliate link is: https://order.noackhosting.se/ so you can get one without helping me out.

    Nah, I had Laos but he lied about the port speeds.
    At this time, he didn't advertise them as 4Mbit, he said they where bigger, which wasn't the case.
    I got a refund and left.

    Any legit deals?

  • @forest said:

    @ConceptPeter said: I'm willing to provide help and relay information and questions to make everyone happy.

    Do you know if their Norway location is 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps? Because the description says it starts at 100 Mbps, but the purchase page shows 10 Mbps.

    Speedtest from my Oslo VPS
    Testing from FiberOne AB (193.234.38.132)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Telia Eesti AS (Tallinn) [379.69 km]: 17.849 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 1231.75 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
    Upload: 852.74 Mbit/s

    I'm willing to bet that it's a typo. And that the port isn't set up to be limited.

  • x0x0xx0x0x Member

    @ConceptPeter said:

    @x0x0x said:

    I don't really care, to be honest. I only pointed it out because it was stated in plain sight on your profile. Shills tend to have a pretty short stay around here, so your help and information relaying while being affiliated with the company probably isn't going to get you very far.

    Well, in that case, thank you for being Captian Obvious as I wasn't trying to hide anything.

    Get me very far? Do you think I'm expecting to get rich promoting really cheap VPSes? I'm doing a non-profit project and paying everything out of pocket. A 5% kickback might make it so I break even.

    But thank you for .. actually nothing .. You've provided no help, not improved anything, and just acted like .. well.. Someone who doesn't need thanks. So good luck to you.

    I think you're probably the one who's going to need the good luck, given the forum rules. Like I said, shills usually have a pretty short life expectancy around here. At least I've given you a heads-up, so instead of being a jackass about it, maybe just take the hint and keep it in mind before the mods and their ban hammers develops an interest in you.

  • @x0x0x said:

    I think you're probably the one who's going to need the good luck, given the forum rules. Like I said, shills usually have a pretty short life expectancy around here. At least I've given you a heads-up, so instead of being a jackass about it, maybe just take the hint and keep it in mind before the mods and their ban hammers develops an interest in you.

    Oh, so starting a conversation with calling someone a scam artist is the nice way to do things? Gotcha.

    Perhaps the first thing I did was to contact support and ask them how I should proceed considering my situation. So I beg your forgiveness that I have done my best to follow the forums rules. Please oh mighty one, inform us pleebs of your vast knowlage.

    But thank you very much for your love and concern. I will remember it and you for a long time.

    And just so you know, there are always at least two ways of doing things and talking to people. The nice way, and the "jackass" way. Your way was to attack as a first line of thought. And if you have nothing constructive to say. Then respectfully. FO.

  • forestforest Member

    @ConceptPeter said: I'm willing to bet that it's a typo. And that the port isn't set up to be limited.

    Are Tor exits fine in Norway like they are on one of the Sweden nodes?

  • slowserversslowservers Member, Host Rep

    Do you need IPv4, or is IPv6-only okay?

  • @slowservers said:
    Do you need IPv4, or is IPv6-only okay?

    Nice catch, I didn't specify. I prefer a host with both ipv4 and ipv6, but ipv6-only is acceptable depending on the price.

    Thanked by 1slowservers
Sign In or Register to comment.