Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMCA Ignore vps

Do I need to rent an offshore VPS to avoid DMCA notices, or is a VPS located in a DMCA-ignored country sufficient? I only need it to forward WireGuard data. I previously used a Russian VPS from 4vps.su, but it got blocked after a few hours, likely by the trunk providers. If that's the case, could you give me some advice and recommend cheap VPS providers in DMCA-ignored locations? Since I only need to run WireGuard, high hardware specs aren't necessary—1 core and 512MB RAM is fine, with a budget of around $2–$4/month. How about VPS locations like Moldova, etc. I used GG translate.

Comments

  • 3K333K33 Member, Host Rep

    BuyVM CH or AlexHost

    Thanked by 1nam0xbi
  • nam0xbinam0xbi Member

    @3K33 said:
    BuyVM CH or AlexHost

    Huhu, exceeding budget

  • TrKTrK Veteran

    @nam0xbi said:

    Huhu, exceeding budget

    Well not exactly I am running a 512mb ch node with them and it's really good. (Talking about buyvm, alexhost sucks)

  • Care to find out why it got blocked that quickly? I want to know why too. is that the layer 3 or bandwidth usage? and why dmca for WireGuard? Do you need lot of bw? if not, many choices...

    or just do any vps for a few bucks. just test/fail/re-try...

  • nam0xbinam0xbi Member

    @CraigRoeder said:
    Care to find out why it got blocked that quickly? I want to know why too. is that the layer 3 or bandwidth usage? and why dmca for WireGuard? Do you need lot of bw? if not, many choices...

    or just do any vps for a few bucks. just test/fail/re-try...

    I'm not sure, but it might be because Russian Internet providers are blocking UDP. WireGuard sends packets continuously, and after a few hours (or several hours) and transferring about 1–2 GB of data, it gets disconnected. Changing the port on the VPS side re-establishes the connection

  • apollo15apollo15 Veteran

    BuyVM CH would be perfect choice for this

  • nam0xbinam0xbi Member

    @apollo15 said:
    BuyVM CH would be perfect choice for this

    buyvm.net right?

  • nam0xbinam0xbi Member

    Well not exactly I am running a 512mb ch node with them and it's really good. (Talking about buyvm, alexhost sucks)

    switzerland right?

  • IncognionIncognion Member

    @nam0xbi said:

    @CraigRoeder said:
    Care to find out why it got blocked that quickly? I want to know why too. is that the layer 3 or bandwidth usage? and why dmca for WireGuard? Do you need lot of bw? if not, many choices...

    or just do any vps for a few bucks. just test/fail/re-try...

    I'm not sure, but it might be because Russian Internet providers are blocking UDP. WireGuard sends packets continuously, and after a few hours (or several hours) and transferring about 1–2 GB of data, it gets disconnected. Changing the port on the VPS side re-establishes the connection

    For previous 2 months Russia is blocking thousands of IPs which they think/find using as VPN. So servers are technically online but it's not accessible outside Russia.

    So right now if you have server is Russia and uses as VPN or proxy then sooner or later it might get blocked too.

    Many of our clients faces same issue, so either we replace the IP or ask them to move to some other locations than Russia (example Moldova, or Serbia)

    Thanked by 1nam0xbi
  • nam0xbinam0xbi Member

    huhu BuyVM Switzerland out of stock

Sign In or Register to comment.