New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
DeluxHost promised refund for their mistake, but still not received after 16 days
Hi @DeluxHost ,
Posting this as a factual complaint. I'll add updates here.
What happened
- I have a VPS at DeluxHost
`Invoice
1609-9672-2026
Order
5025
PayPalCompleted
17/09/2026 · 0EG180291W787805X`
- My next renewal is due in November.
- On 15 September they charged my [card / PayPal] automatically, roughly two months early.
- I opened ticket [#20124] the same day.
- Support confirmed it was their mistake and agreed a refund would be issued.
- Today is 1 October — 16 days later. Nothing has been refunded.
Why this is not just "a small delay"
- Their own Terms of Service, section 8.2, state that renewal invoices are issued 30 days before the due date for annual cycles. Charging two months early is a departure from the policy they published.
- Their own TOS, section 8.9, states that approved refunds are normally processed within 7 working days of confirmation, and that for refunds owed to consumers the same payment method used for the original transaction must be used. We are now well past that.
- This is not an isolated case. On this thread (https://lowendtalk.com/post/quote/220569/Comment_4865789) DeluxHost publicly acknowledged that a compensation script caused billing synchronisation problems and generated incorrect renewal invoices or automatic payment attempts. Other customers have reported the same early-billing behaviour (https://lowendtalk.com/post/quote/220569/Comment_4865783, https://lowendtalk.com/post/quote/220569/Comment_4866080).
What I am asking for — nothing more
- A full refund of the erroneous charge, back to the original payment method, within the 7 working days stated in their own TOS 8.9.
- Not account credit. Not a partial refund. Not a "bonus vCore" as compensation.
- A clear written confirmation in the ticket: amount, method, expected date.
- My existing VPS stays exactly as it is until the term I have already paid for ends — same data, same service, no suspension, no termination. I am not asking for a cancellation of the service I paid for; I am asking for money that was not due.
- A fix so the next customer doesn't have to write a thread like this.
Comments
Can we stop buying from dogshit providers? We won't have reasons to complain if we do that!
Why post in Help section?
What do you expect us to do about it?
This isn't deluxhost support portal but a public forum.
Oh I've got too many reasons to complain. But hey, there're still lots of other good providers out there.
Not DeluxHost sir