Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

On Servury

I purchased a Blackbox VPS from Servury a but under a month ago. I love the concept and I haven't seen any other provider that offers this, so I was excited to try it out.

When I first spun it up it took a while before it was ready to setup, I was confused for quite a while when I couldn't login to the machine / it was stuck on some sort of awaiting encryption state -- turns out I needed to attempt to SSH in and then follow their encryption setup flow first. Set it up and everything worked fine.

Since then I've been using it as a relay node for privacy. It works most of the time, but there's been quite a bit of downtime with their scheduled maintenance (much more than other providers). I've had multiple hours of downtime, which is a bit annoying as I can't access any of my content on the box during these outages.

Also, take this with a grain of salt but I remember seeing at the beginning of the month that Blackbox had unmetered bandwidth... and I checked in the internet archive and it was marked as unmetered... but I was just notified I had met my bandwidth limit and turns out the limit is now 4TB. Though I may be misremembering this.

Ah also, their Blackbox system is pretty clearly vibecoded (along with the rest of the site). I have nothing against LLMs, I just hope a human reviewed it at least before they shipped :D

So, tl;dr: great idea, mediocre execution, less than optimal uptime. A bit annoying to work with, but it serves its purpose.

Sign In or Register to comment.