New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
Hosting a mobile deals website on a VPS?
in General
I’m running a small website that publishes mobile and internet package updates, and I’m curious how others here handle hosting for this type of content site.
For a site with mostly articles, package information, and regular traffic spikes when new offers are published, would you recommend a basic VPS with Nginx and caching, or is shared hosting usually enough?
I’m mainly interested in keeping the site fast and affordable without overprovisioning the server.
Comments
Budget?
Keep it simple, try a static site generator. Host it free on cloudflare pages, github pages, etc.