New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
Comments
nice ctrl. i will try.
now you can build whmcs alternative too i hope
Thanks @JasonM - we're excited for you to give ctrl a shot! Spoiler alert, it's smooth! 🕺
If WHMCS works for their needs, then they probably have little reason or motivation to build an alternative
The problem with SolusVM is that it didn't work for their needs (or at least had a number of issues over the years)
Awesome and congrats.
#Giveaway to celebrate Ctrl
i almost read it pornography platform
WHMCS has been a solid asset that has enabled RackNerd's growth over the years. Obviously, with everything, you can wish for more (especially as you scale). That said, we've made feature requests, worked with the team, and developed tools that suit our operation.
As we continue to grow, we closely monitor partner visions/implementation. We'll always evaluate what is best for our valued customers and what our next step forward is.
@Void - I think a giveaway might be fair
Let me think about what we can do, I promise something, as we're all about the community - I'll be sure to tag you 👊
Hi @ehab - nothing wrong with making sense of it. As long as you like ctrl, I'm happy!
Still doing daylight savings changes?
I'm talking about the whole BF threads (guess google says 65 days so my quick mental thing was pretty close)...
Though yeah, still daylight savings but when that ends, I'll get an extra hour. If we ever stop changing the clocks, I bet we will stay on daylight savings. I say that because in America, we will do anything to avoid using a standard! Though I don't care if we go standard or savings, I just want to stay on -5 or -6 so I don't have to force my brain to remember for a week or two after the change when dealing with UTC.
I am sorry but this AI buzzword slop has gone too far. Like, there are genuinely useful use-cases of LLMs and agents even in the hosting industry... and then there's this
Think of the traffic generation possibilites of an LEB announcement article, with promos!
Seems like the account email from RackNerd is out of sync with that of ctrl (I had my RackNerd email changed recently). I can't reset my ctrl password as no recovery email is being sent to my current address.
Oh no. It's A/I isn't it
Hi @forest -- when we moved accounts over to ctrl, we intentionally carried over the email address that was on each NerdVM (SolusVM) account, along with the existing login credentials. We wanted the transition to be as smooth as possible for everyone. Existing 2FA codes/setup were carried over as well, so users who already had it set up do not need to set it up again.
If you recently changed your RackNerd Client Area email but your NerdVM email was still the old one, that would explain why the reset email isn't reaching your current address. Feel free to update it accordingly from within the My Account -> Profile section. If you cannot access ctrl to do so, please feel free to reach out via a support ticket so we can assist.
More details regarding the transition for existing clients explained here: https://nerdvm.racknerd.com/ (in short, everything is the same as before in terms of credentials)
Hi @averagedatahoarder -- I'm totally tracking. What we're seeing is a lot of people building projects with AI tools who then need an affordable place to run them, with full control over their stack. Many are tired of paying per project or watching usage-based bills grow on platforms like Vercel, and are realizing self-hosting gives them more control over their costs and what they can do with the server.
The learning curve is getting smaller, too. With ctrl, you can install something like AdminBolt or Coolify (or even Portainer + Docker as an example) in one click, use it to get your project live, and still have full root SSH access. If your resources allow, you can even use that same VPS for other things while you're at it
We're building around what customers are asking for, and this is an exciting step for RackNerd. We've made the Inc. 5000 three years in a row now, so the growth is there: https://www.inc.com/profile/racknerd-llc -- we're doing our best to keep up with it and will expand ctrl to make it more useful for our customers, and to meet market demands going forward.
Love the idea! We will put together something that benefits the community
Expect giveaways and more 👊
Great achievement @dustinc
Thank You @tuc -- it's been great to finally get ctrl into our clients' hands. The feedback we've been getting from our customers thus far has been excellent, and we're already seeing a lot of use of the One-Click Apps and network firewall features in particular. More to come 🥳
Congrats @dustinc for release.
I tried it, and it does appear more modern than the previous SolusVM.
~Vikas
@NameBig -- thank you Vikas! Glad you had a chance to try ctrl. We put a lot of thought into making the changeover smooth for existing clients, while giving everyone the VPS controls they're used to and more to explore. It's great to hear the new, modern interface stood out to you, and we're looking forward to continuing to build upon it
Looks nice, GG! Could even be better with the best monitoring platform included
Awesome. Been wanting to try out the new CP since I received the email. Tried it out today. One-Click app installation is prolly what I am most excited about, though I haven't tried it yet.
GG, Dustin and RackNerd team.
very nice. thankyou