Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

China/Japan/Hong Kong XEN/KVM VPS <10$/Month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

China/Japan/Hong Kong XEN/KVM VPS <10$/Month

I'm searching for a cheap (<10$ per month) China/Japan/Hong Kong KVM/XEN VPS...

I need at least 10 mbps and ~200 GB per Month traffic.

Min. 256 MB RAM and 1 CPU Core... 10 GB HDD should be enough.

Need a Debian 6/7 template...

Thank you for your help :)

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2014

In Japan they have a lot of KVMs... Ablenet fits the requirements and also is the only one accepting foreigners AND with English language support. Another option to consider in the region is DigitalOcean Singapore, although I see you did not name SG in your list.

• If you're willing to stretch your budget a lil' bit, Edis should fit the bill if you're also willing to compromise on HDD space.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited February 2014

during peak time, VPSes from these locations are terrible with the network. VPSes from the US west coast are always considered as "best" to customers from Asian areas.

eg. Ping from Japan can vary from 50ms to 300ms during peak time.& heavy packets loss during hongkong peak time

edited February 2014

kyaky said: eg. Ping from Japan can vary from 50ms to 300ms during peak time.& heavy packets loss during hongkong peak time

Are you measuring from China? If so, then that's because of CT/CU congested links, not because of any fault of those VPS providers.

• MrXMrX Member
    edited February 2014

China - Starry DNS: http://my.starrydns.com/cart.php

Hong Kong - EDIS: http://www.edis.at/en/server/kvm-vps/hong-kong/

I use or used both. No complaints.

• @rm_ said:
    Are you measuring from China? If so, then that's because of CT/CU congested links, not because of any fault of those VPS providers.

from multiple nodes. I'm not talking about the internal network congestion. the bandwidth is limited from Hongkong, Japan compared to the US network

• @MrX said: China - Starry DNS: http://my.starrydns.com/cart.php

I saw that starrydns only have centos or windows... Did u know if i there is debian available?

edited February 2014

kyaky said: from multiple nodes. I'm not talking about the internal network congestion. the bandwidth is limited from Hongkong, Japan compared to the US network

I currently use three Asian providers (in HK/JP/SG) and also monitor three more (HK/JP/IN) with my Smokeping from two nodes in RU, none of them show any ping increase at all during peak times.

• JyleeJylee Member, Host Rep

@d0wn
    No Debian.. Do you prefer Ubuntu?

• @Jylee said: No Debian.. Do you prefer Ubuntu?

I think ubuntu is okay :)