Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Milwaukee Datacenter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good Milwaukee Datacenter

SpencerSpencer Member
edited April 2012 in General

I am looking at Milwaukee Datacenter to colo in. Google is turning up less than helpful results so I turned here! What would be a good DC? If not any good ones in Milwaukee anywhere close?

Comments

• What will you gain in Milwaukee that you cannot offer from Chicago?

• @miTgiB said: What will you gain in Milwaukee that you cannot offer from Chicago?

Chicago would work too. It is just farther from me.

• @PytoHost said: Chicago would work too. It is just farther from me.

But much better hot dogs

Thanked by 1Roph
  • @miTgiB said: But much better hot dogs

Yes very true. Can't hate a Chicago dog.

• NickMNickM Member

You'll probably want something in the 324 E Wisconsin building.

• @NickM said: You'll probably want something in the 324 E Wisconsin building.

I hope your not talking about cogent.

• flyfly Member

chicago dogs are indeed good. too bad their pizzas are shit.

• @PytoHost said: Chicago would work too. It is just farther from me.

Actually, how often do you visit your colo? I rarely go to Charlotte and it is 20 minutes away, and you will save so much in Chicago over Milwaukee, just UPS your gear down, Amtrack to Waukeegan, Metra to the loop and walk, just don't build desktop based servers, put ipmi boards in.

No idea what is cheap in Chicago anymore, I was in the Prudential building at the MCI/WorldCom colo in the late 90's

• flam316flam316 Member
    edited April 2012

I wouldn't exactly call it cheap, but SteadFast offers reasonable pricing in Chicago. Their great network also helps (Nlayer, Level 3, NTT, Tinet).

• NickMNickM Member

@PytoHost said: I hope your not talking about cogent.

324 E Wisconsin has transit from a bunch of other providers... TCW, ATT, TDS and a handful more.