Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tortoise Labs and Centarra Merger [30% Discount] [Custom Control Panel] [Unmetered Bandwidth] [Xen]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tortoise Labs and Centarra Merger [30% Discount] [Custom Control Panel] [Unmetered Bandwidth] [Xen]

Steven_FSteven_F Member
edited February 2014 in Offers

Tortoise Labs is merging its cloud lineup into its sister company, Centarra. This move comes shortly after the large expansion at 2323 Bryan. Centarra operates its own fully redundant, enterprise network. The Tortoise brand will continue to operate as a software development company. Centarra will continue to operate and grow the Tortoise cloud.

Centarra cloud utilizes our own in-house control panel, Cloudware. From top to bottom, Cloudware was designed with the user in mind. Cloudware was released as Free Open Source Software (FOSS), as Centarra believes in bettering the software industry.

Get 30% off for life with coupon code: Cloudware

Here is a sampling of our offerings, log into Cloudware to see all of our packages. To order, please go to Cloudware and create an account. Once you've created an account, you can easily add cloud instances!

vServers

Each vServers comes with access to 8 cores and 20 Mbps of bandwidth.

Cloud 256

256 MB of RAM + 256 MB Swap

15 GB of disk space

20 Mbps of bandwidth guaranteed on 1 Gbps unmetered*

1 IPv4

$5.00 $3.50 a month!

Cloud 512

512 MB of RAM + 512 MB Swap

30 GB of disk space

20 Mbps of bandwidth guaranteed on 1 Gbps unmetered*

1 IPv4

$7.50 $5.25 a month!

Features
Choose Xen PV or Xen HVM

Easily switch between Xen PV and Xen HVM in Cloudware.

RAID-z inspired data storage for un-paralleled reliability.

We utilize our own custom RAID to insure data integrity and reliability that is un-paralleled.

Add Custom Rules to Our Firewall

Add custom rules to our clustered firewall. Create your own ACL applied across our network and mitigation devices.

Unmetered Bandwidth

Every vServer comes with unmetered bandwidth. Don't worry about overages! Bandwidth is guaranteed to be available to each individual vServer at any time, 1000mbps guaranteed to each network segment. Certain services, such as BitTorrent and VPN usage, are not covered by this guarantee.

Three different and unique locations

Choose between London, Atlanta, and Dallas for the location of your cloud instance.

Advanced REST API

Easily add, remove, and alter services with our advanced and straight-forward REST API. Integrate seamlessly to allow for better uptime and resource spikes.

Operating Systems

Choose from one of our six different operating systems or use Xen HVM to bring your own ISO.

*The 1 Gbps unmetered is fair-share and users may be throttled if they use too much bandwidth.

Comments

• Smaller packages available?

• There is a 256MB package available, I guess it would be ~$3 with the discount code.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • My bad! I forgot to add the 256 plan. Doing it right now!

• @Steven_F already out of stock ?

Oh no! There is no stock available to fill this request in the requested region. Please try a different region, or wait patiently for more stock!

• London location is out of stock.

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited February 2014

@Steven_F said:
    My bad! I forgot to add the 256 plan. Doing it right now!
    @alexvolk said:
    Steven_F already out of stock ?

Oh no! There is no stock available to fill this request in the requested region. Please try a different region, or wait patiently for more stock!

London is out for a bit, as is Atlanta. Give me a minute to find out.

Thanked by 1Inglar
  • You can view current stock at https://billing.centarra.com/vps/stock (you can also request that with Accept:application/json for a JSON version if you want to snipe a London VPS when one becomes available).

Thanked by 1Inglar
  • Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited February 2014

We're migrating our London location to a new facility, so we're not deploying additional capacity until we've completed the migration.

• London is limited stock for now. We are planning to restock it next month, at which point we will launch another sale most likely.

• @Steven_F said:
    We're migrating our London location, so we're not deploying additional capacity there.

Since this looks a little ambiguous... what he means is that we are planning to migrate it to a datacenter in the London metro with policies that are more friendly to virtualization providers.

• Sure, we allow migration across regions. Just open a ticket when you see stock.

But I wouldn't bother at the moment, as London is e3's.

• Darn I just bought a vServer in tortois.es but have not applied the 30% discount. Just saw this now.

• Nice UI and easy to use.
    Ordered 2 vServers.

• ricdem99ricdem99 Member
    edited February 2014

Been with them since the beginning of this month. So far I love it. Their Automatic CPU SLA is the best :)

Although I am still waiting for additional Atlanta vServers to be available. Just checking every now and then

Looking forward for next months sale :)

• @catding said:
    Nice UI and easy to use.
    Ordered 2 vServers.

Welcome to the family! :)

@ricdem99 said:
    Been with them since the beginning of this month. So far I love it. Their Automatic CPU SLA is the best :)

Although I am still waiting for additional Atlanta vServers to be available. Just checking every now and then

Looking forward for next months sale :)

If you'd like, I can write up a script that will send you a text message when there is stock in Atlanta. ;)

edited February 2014

Oh thank you. My username is the same. I still have like credits that is unused because I wanted Atlanta. Anyway I am going to update my profile. I wanted 3 more vServers (a total of 8 vServers) but I think I want them all in Atlanta. Will be adding credits for them in the coming days. I use Bitcoins to pay.

Edit: Profile Update with the correct Phone Number.

• @ricdem99 said:
    Oh thank you. My username is the same. I still have like credits that is unused because I wanted Atlanta. Anyway I am going to update my profile. I wanted 3 more vServers (a total of 8 vServers) but I think I want them all in Atlanta. Will be adding credits for them in the coming days. I use Bitcoins to pay.

Edit: Profile Update with the correct Phone Number.

I don't know if you'll get three in Atlanta. Honestly, Dallas is probably the best location right now. SSD cached, better CPUs, and we own everything.

edited February 2014

I have 2 Dallas and they are not really Up to par in performance with Atlanta though. I monitor them everyday.

All of my servers are in CPU SLA bulk to ensure I do not affect other users and very satisfied with the SLA. Anyway here are the performance as I monitor them:

Dallas : 0.003-0.004
    London : 0.004
    Atlanta : 0.005-0.006

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited February 2014

Steven_F said: Get 30% off for life with coupon code: Cloudware

Can existing customers take advantage of the offer?

• @zhuanyi said:
    Can existing customers take advantage of the offer?

Yes, you can. Just apply the code in the Tortoise panel.

@ricdem99 Looking into something for you.

• @ricdem99 said:
    I have 2 Dallas and they are not really Up to par in performance with Atlanta though. I monitor them everyday.

All of my servers are in CPU SLA bulk to ensure I do not affect other users and very satisfied with the SLA. Anyway here are the performance as I monitor them:

Dallas : 0.003-0.004
    London : 0.004
    Atlanta : 0.005-0.006

The bulk SLA means you're placed in a pool with other abusers. If you have better performance in Atlanta it's simply because you got lucky and were one of the few abusers on that node.

You're not supposed to be CPU mining on a VPS, it is abusive plain and simple.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • any benchmarks?

• @wcypierre said:
    any benchmarks?

Let me see if I can find one.

• @Steven_F said:
    Let me see if I can find one.

Sure. Thanks :) btw, mind explaining bout your multi class CPU SLA? I've pmed kaniini over the other side but he's not online yet as of now.

• @wcypierre said:

Sorry, I haven't been able to find one. I should have just spun up an instance! DOH! @kaniini will be able to explain it than me. I'm not 100% sure on the technical details. But basically, if you CPU mine/abuse, you'll be added to a shared pool between CPU miners/abusers.

• @Steven_F said:
    Sorry, I haven't been able to find one. I should have just spun up an instance! DOH! kaniini will be able to explain it than me. I'm not 100% sure on the technical details. But basically, if you CPU mine/abuse, you'll be added to a shared pool between CPU miners/abusers.

I get the idea. But how is the priority being set for shared pool of abusers?

• @wcypierre said:
    I get the idea. But how is the priority being set for shared pool of abusers?

The priority is the same as it is if you weren't an abuser, i.e. the more ram you have, the more priority you have. At this point, you're just on a different set of CPU cores.

This has an ironic, and amusing effect: some really silly miners go and buy 10GB RAM VPS to attempt trumping the other miners.