Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for reliable shared hosting.. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for reliable shared hosting..

2»

Comments

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

@ElliotJ said: Reasonably nippy. I mainly chose them due to the insane price point with WHMCS thrown in. The support is quite good too.

Apologize for my English, but well according to the Oxford Dictionary nippy means cold? Sorry I'm confused.

@ElliotJ said: The only shared provider I've been with recently for personal use is SimpleXWebs. They're active on WHT, and I'm pretty sure they've had an offer on LEB once.

I suppose they only offer UK locations right? Also I see them having two usernames being disabled in WHT.

• Woops, sorry about that :P
    Nippy in this instance means 'quick' or 'fast'.
    They're in the UK, and SingleHop Chicago.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@ElliotJ said: in the UK

They're now in Synergy House for their UK location, recently moved.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

Gotta really move, DreamHost is having another router outage RIGHT NOW:/
    Choices has been narrowed down to:
    Site5($11.95/mo), Hostgator ($9.96/mo), HawkHost ($6.29/mo). Looking for reviews, sorry do not meant to bump this thread and I suppose this would be the last time as I will move as fast as I can!

• What's drawing you to those choices?

• @klikli what are you hosting and how much traffic is needed? I have some unpublished rates

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

@miTgiB said: @klikli what are you hosting and how much traffic is needed? I have some unpublished rates

Thank you! I heard Team Tim is a nice person:o Few and few like no more than 2GB, expected to scale it up in the future. But the most tricky part is that I need 1 dedicated IP's for SSL. Sorry to tell, but I would rather host it with a company that is completely offsite. (I got a excellent $20/yr KVM LEB with you which performs excellent in terms of pricing and network is excellent, to the extent that I suppose I will rent more VPS from you.)

@Damian said: What's drawing you to those choices?

As I setup my web-server, I learnt that securing, updating, optimizing, hardening, and, running a shared hosting rather really difficult. For example preventing slow HTTP attacks and so much things to care on which I really got no time to manage. These hosts also looks promising to maintain good uptime, in contrast I do not see (nor expect) LEB offering such level of uptime (You got what you paid for).

• My recomendation would be with Webfaction, they been a reliable webhost and you get to be able to run more than just php.

• @raindog308 in forums, HG claims you can go beyond the ionode limits. above 50k means it wont be backup. beyond 250k and you need to prove that you are not abusing. but read somewhere that starting at 50k ionode, they shutdown you immediately.

@klikli my preference is to go through all reputable small time providers in LET and get the cheapest one that meets space and bandwidth requirement. i really dont trust company that says unlimited ***. i like the ones that publish space and bandwidth limit, seems trustworthy for me that way. i like the price at secure dragon btw.