Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this dedi having 2 disks in raid-1? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this dedi having 2 disks in raid-1?

2»

Comments

• It is not yet fixed. This is what they said yesterday as a ticket reply..

We put a order in for replacement drives and are waiting on shipment.

• @niceboy said:
    It is not yet fixed. This is what they said yesterday as a ticket reply..

what
    waiting on shipment

• Dont know.. I asked them to try re aligning the partitions and waiting for replies there.

• @niceboy said:
    Dont know.. I asked them to try re aligning the partitions and waiting for replies there.

hope yous issue resolved
    I just remember that I ever have same amount io when use hitachi hdd in raid 1. didd they use that too?

• @niceboy said:
    It is not yet fixed. This is what they said yesterday as a ticket reply..

This would be a red flag for myself. It suggests they don't have replacement drives on site. How long will you be down if a disk fails in the future while they are 'waiting on shipment'

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

welll....the very last time i experienced sh*t with josh was deliberately a mesh. The starter case, indeed, the same as you are facing now.

VD delivered 1 x 1 TB, instead of 2 x 500 GB. And the reason is....a, b, c, d, e...you can named it. After 10 days, he just replaced it. (the server when off on over and over again during the 10 days).........very very long story after.

The server was never delivered perfectly at promised thereafter....25 days gone with the wind :) kvm error, network problem, etc... Josh sold out my server to others without noticing me or even replied to my email. so I put the dispute and won over proven undelivered item.

• Hopefully @volumedrive will fix the issue quickly.. fingers crossed! :(

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

@niceboy
    Just fyi... The VD's billing is started when (at the date) the server did delivered. Not on the replacement on the HDD (the mistake they did). Please be cautious!

That's why I mentioned, it was a very very long story.....in my 25-wasted-days.

At the end, I never received the server at all (ping RTO to the server), and they didn't give any refund (as this is a prepayment) nor any responses in the last 10 days they i was with them (left me in blank). I saw my server was OUT OF STOCK on VD's web. So in my assumption, they sold it to others. So......prepare yourself. ;)