Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive Dedicated *2 CPU Xeon E5540 2.53 GHz (16 cores w/HT) / 24 GB ECC RAM / 1TB SATA* –$47.95 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive Dedicated *2 CPU Xeon E5540 2.53 GHz (16 cores w/HT) / 24 GB ECC RAM / 1TB SATA* –$47.95

2»

Comments

• @iwaswrongonce said:
    It also goes through the worst carrier they have...

Cogent is hardly the worst carrier. They are ranked 8th in ISPs word-wide currently. We've had very few if any complaints in the last 5 months on their network. This may have been an issue back in 2010 with the whole L3 / Cogent peering spat, but not anymore. Regardless, new carriers are being turned up from the NYIIX within weeks and including any client that request direct peering with a certain transit provider, we can most likely provide it, being that our presence is in one of the largest carrier hotels in the word.

• @volumedrive said:

You missed the joke. @Rallias said (sarcastically) that since you only have one peer, technically it is "route optimized" since it's routed through your best upstream.

I was merely remarking that in the same logic of having a single peer, it is also your worst carrier.

sigh

• @volumedrive said:
    Something

Hate to be a downer, but I have had multiple connection issues over the past few weeks (including a lot today) on a dedicated server hosted through you guys. I hope it gets much better once the NYIIX plan in enacted. On a side note, I may be looking to upgrade it soon, is this promotion going to last much longer or be replaced by other deals? I'm currently on Promo/Dedicated package 2, the one from November with the AthlonII X4 620 and 8GB RAM.

-David

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Sorry to necro an old thread but I've had my server for about a week now and thought I would post a benchmark. Bear in mind that I added in a 30GB SSD for faster boots. So that's why the IO is higher. The 1TB drive in mine was hitting about 90MB/S.

root@ny:~# bash bench.sh CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5540 @ 2.53GHz Number of cores : 16 CPU frequency : 1600.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 24102 MB Total amount of swap : 7627 MB System uptime : 16:42, Download speed from CacheFly: 45.8MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 22.0MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 12.7MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.71MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 6.58MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 5.40MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.29MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 21.1MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 19.1MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 38.0MB/s I/O speed : 172 MB/s

• Is it still possible to grab one of these? I would love one if so.

• @revnja said:
    Is it still possible to grab one of these? I would love one if so.

Certainly is. Just mail [email protected] and we'll provide the ordering instructions.

• @ObamaCare said:

-David

David, do you have a support ticket with us? We'll look into it for you right away. On a side note, we have actually just finalized our deal with Hibernia Networks (Atrato) will be providing additional IP transit as well as NYIIX turn up soon.