Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS EMAIL SPAM HELP PLEASE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS EMAIL SPAM HELP PLEASE

Hi, I recently linked my domain with Microsoft's outlook. Everything has been working great. No emails send to spam, except emails sent from WHMCS, which is linked to Outlook via SMTP, so it makes no sense! I added the mails settings to my game panel (TcAdmin), and everything works great, emails send to the inbox, but WHMCS emails ALWAYS send to spam. I send the same EXACT message from Microsoft outlook to a gmail and it doesn't land in spam. This MUST mean it's an issue with WHMCS. Please help guys. Thanks!

Comments

• Really hope someone can help with this.

• Any reason you don't just use something like Mandrill, as I've been suggesting on IRC constantly? It's low cost and it WORKS.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

Any reason you don't just use something like Mandrill, as I've been suggesting on IRC constantly? It's low cost and it WORKS.

@Magiobiwan I'm almost positive the Issue is with WHMCS. Don't see how Mandrill would help. Already tried setting up WHMCS with a different email system, always goes to spam, but only when emails are sent through WHMCS. Can't be that my server IP is blacklisted, I sent mail from cPanel webmail to a gmail just fine. Everything always sends fine, it's just when mail is sent through WHMCS that it lands in spam.

• Do you have reverse DNS for the ip which is sending the emails out?

• No. Is this needed? What do you mean by that. @racksx

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    1. Reverse DNS (rDNS) is needed on that IP used for sending email.
    2. SPF Records with Valid Hostname, IP & Exact Query.
    3. IP used for Sending Mail shouldn't be blacklisted by SpamHaus/Any other Well Renowned Filtering Company.

Ensure these 3 Points perfectly, I hope your problem would be solved, if you don't intent to use ManDrill :-)

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

@Magiobiwan I just recently was moved to a new server, and I guess BlueVM doesn't have reverse DNS set up properly. My emails are bulk/spam marked because on my outgoing email, there is no reverse dns for the ip which is sending the emails out, do please setup a reverse dns to match with the hostname of server and ip address.

• Without rDNS it would most likely be flagged as spam what so ever

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Cltcam said:
    Magiobiwan I just recently was moved to a new server, and I guess BlueVM doesn't have reverse DNS set up properly. My emails are bulk/spam marked because on my outgoing email, there is no reverse dns for the ip which is sending the emails out, do please setup a reverse dns to match with the hostname of server and ip address.

Wouldn't a ticket be faster then asking for the change here? This is (as you probably already know) not a helpdesk.

• have you told outlook not to put the whmcs emails in the spam?

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

I just don't understand why I can send emails from mailldrill or roundcube or anything else I link my domain with just find, but when the same email sends from WHMCS it goes to spam!?

• Outlook/Hotmail is known to mark a lot of non-spam emails as spam. Any reason why you can't use Mandrill? 12,000 emails per month free, and there's almost no chance any of your email will get marked as spam.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

@dhamaniasad When I use Mandrill to directly send mail, it DOESN'T land in spam. When I link Mandrill with WHMCS, then send an email from within WHMCS, it lands in SPAM. I've been trying to get this point across the WHOLE time. Pretty sure the issue is with WHMCS?

• @Cltcam said: @dhamaniasad When I use Mandrill to directly send mail, it DOESN'T land in spam. When I link Mandrill with WHMCS, then send an email from within WHMCS, it lands in SPAM. I've been trying to get this point across the WHOLE time. Pretty sure the issue is with WHMCS?

Only in Outlook, right? Did you set up the TXT records for Mandrill?

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

@dhamaniasad said:
    Only in Outlook, right? Did you set up the TXT records for Mandrill?

@dhamaniasad
    Um.. no.. I tried with Cpanel web servers, outlook, and now I just finished with Mandrill. And like I stated above, Mandrill emails send fine, but when sent through WHMCS, they go to spam. Text record is set up with the domain. DKIM, but haven't done SPF. Assume I don't need to since emails don't go to spam when I send them, unless sent through WHMCS.

• Cltcam said: @dhamaniasad Um.. no.. I tried with Cpanel web servers, outlook, and now I just finished with Mandrill. And like I stated above, Mandrill emails send fine, but when sent through WHMCS, they go to spam. Text record is set up with the domain. DKIM, but haven't done SPF. Assume I don't need to since emails don't go to spam when I send them, unless sent through WHMCS.

Oh, I misinterpreted what you said. I thought you said that the email only ends up in spam in outlook email accounts, and not gmail, ymail, etc. I never really faced this issue with WHMCS, so I don't know what is causing it. Are you using the SSL option in WHMCS?

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

@dhamaniasad No. Also, I just completely verified the domain within mandrill, adding DKIM, and SPF, but it still goes to spam only when sent through WHMCS. Thinking this is an issue with @bluevm... . My IP is probably blacklisted, so even if I use a third party email software, when it sends through my servers IP, it is sent to spam. Weird thing is, my shared IP address is 192.3.118.5 which isn't blacklisted by any major email providers. Maybe linking my site to cloudflare would help?

• Cltcam said: @dhamaniasad No. Also, I just completely verified the domain within mandrill, adding DKIM, and SPF, but it still goes to spam only when sent through WHMCS. Thinking this is an issue with @bluevm...

Have you tried a VPS apart from a BlueVM VPS then? Maybe try firing up a DO server.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

@dhamaniasad said:
    Have you tried a VPS apart from a BlueVM VPS then? Maybe try firing up a DO server.

Yeah but Bluevm moved me to this server because they said it wasn't blacklisted. So there shouldn't be an issue..

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited February 2014

@Cltcam said: Yeah but Bluevm moved me to this server because they said it wasn't blacklisted. So there shouldn't be an issue..

So does a different server work for you? Something that isn't in the BlueVM network?

Edit : Just remembered, I faced similar issues even after using Mandrill when I ran WHMCS on a BlueVM VPS. You're not alone.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

@dhamaniasad said:
    So does a different server work for you? Something that isn't in the BlueVM network?

I'm not sure? I was bluevm shared hosting to start, but the emails even sent from roundcube landed in spam. So they moved me to a new server that's a new IP not blaclisted, and now all emails send fine except those from WHMCS. Really makes no sense!!!!

• If you think its a blacklisted IP you can change the IP you can also use a external smtp server with whmcs to try to avoid that issue.

• @QuatroVPS I've been using external SMTP servers every time, and it goes to spam. Possibly because the website is hosted on a blacklisted IP? IDK, because when I send mail form the third party mail services specifically, emails don't land in spam. Either issue is with my host, or WHMCS.

• I guess its your IP, we have no issues with whmcs and outlook

• @QuatroVPS I'm not sure? I was bluevm shared hosting to start, but the emails even sent from roundcube landed in spam. So they moved me to a new server that's a new IP not blaclisted, and now all emails send fine except those from WHMCS. Really makes no sense!!!!

• @Cltcam said:
    QuatroVPS I'm not sure? I was bluevm shared hosting to start, but the emails even sent from roundcube landed in spam. So they moved me to a new server that's a new IP not blaclisted, and now all emails send fine except those from WHMCS. Really makes no sense!!!!

Still not managed to solve it yesterday?

• Using Mandrill with WHMCS, never had a issue. OP you may also want to try and change the default format of the email being sent. Though this sounds like a configuration issue or IP issue.

• The server his site is on isn't blacklisted on any major DNSBLs. The only one it IS listed on is a Chilean one and they haven't responded to any delisting requests.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

@Magiobiwan said:
    The server his site is on isn't blacklisted on any major DNSBLs. The only one it IS listed on is a Chilean one and they haven't responded to any delisting requests.

He's right. I'm using Mandrill now, and it still goes to spam. This must be a WHMCS issue! This is very frustrating!

• Cltcam said: He's right. I'm using Mandrill now, and it still goes to spam. This must be a WHMCS issue! This is very frustrating!

We use mandrill for our company email sending... Normally the only way it ends up in spam is if you didn't set the DKIM and SPF records they give you on the domain. You can contact them for support though and they know far more about email than just about everyone on this forum.