Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MassNodes - Possible Downtime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MassNodes - Possible Downtime

MassNodesMassNodes Member
edited February 2014 in Providers

Hello Massnode clients,

Our reseller (NodePop) improperly informed us today that we have until tonight to move our hardware from his space. Apparently, we were his last valuable client and he couldn't keep up with his bills.
Currently, I'm frantically looking for another location for our systems. I'm currently in contact with a few datacenters in the area and we're discussing pricing.

I'm sorry that I can't give everyone a proper notice as I wasn't given one.
Please migrate/backup your services NOW. I can't give a definitive answer to how long this downtime will last. Refunds will be issued soon for people who request it or if we're down for too long.

Sorry,
Al

Comments

• All the best, how about asking Cogent in that DC for some space?

• @INIZ said:
    All the best, how about asking Cogent in that DC for some space?

That might be the solution. Currently, I'm trying to avoid getting stuck in Cogent's datacenter since getting peers in there is hard.

• VDS6VDS6 Member
    edited February 2014

Try contacting these guys [email protected]
    I have 1/4 colo with them with 100mbps unmetered for a good price in 105 cabot str, needham, ma for my personal use. Sales guy is David.
    Test ip in needham, ma 173.237.198.1

• You could always go with your provider providers.

• @Deathstarr said:
    You could always go with your provider providers.

He said this is a possibility, but he doesn't want to get stuck in Cogent as its hard to get peers. Look 2 posts up.

Cheers!

• It doesnt have to be a perm solution and its not set in stone but it would allow him to keep his Ips Im assuming and stay online.

• Due to circumstances outside of NodePop's control, we were forced to close our Boston location with no notice. 

We are working to get snapshot backups of our customers containers available to them.

Refunds will be processed in a timly fashion.

NodePop

Yet another deadpool host.

• @Deathstarr said:
    It doesnt have to be a perm solution and its not set in stone but it would allow him to keep his Ips Im assuming and stay online.

Knowing Cogent, it'll be a 1yr+ term he'll be tied to and unless NodePop release the IPs back to Cogent doubt he'll get the old IPs anyways.

• > Due to circumstances outside of NodePop's control, we were forced to close our Boston location with no notice. 

It's totally not their fault they didn't pay the bill!

• @Microlinux said:

Well when the money isnt there, but they could have gave more notice.

• @Microlinux said:

I don't think you read this thread, so please do it again instead of spreading rumours.

• @Microlinux said:

Yeah he was my reseller.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2014

I see there's still not been a solution/update to this... is MassNodes no longer?

• Unfortunately CoreSite doesn't like to move quickly. :( Customer data is safe.

• Unfortunate circumstances I guess. I've switched my data/DNS to elsewhere but do let us know if you get back up and running. FWIW I think your customer base deserves an email, as it's been a long time since the server disappeared.

• I was planning on sending another one out, but my WHMCS is down. I'll most likely bring it up and send one out soon.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

I hope you get it all figured out, the services provided by you were excellent for me, i couldn't have wished for a better host! everything did just work and the support you provided was excellent!

I will definitly come back if i need a dedicated server again.

Thanked by 1MassNodes
  • We weren't able to find space in Boston that was in our price range for our current size. For now we'll have to utilize resources outside of Mass. Thanks to @qps we were able to find a good solution for putting MassNodes back online. VPS services should resume shortly (Within the next day or so) and I'll notify people about the change in IPs.

• Good to see you found a new home

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited March 2014

@MassNodes said:
    We weren't able to find space in Boston that was in our price range for our current size. For now we'll have to utilize resources outside of Mass. Thanks to qps we were able to find a good solution for putting MassNodes back online. VPS services should resume shortly (Within the next day or so) and I'll notify people about the change in IPs.

Have you check with them and see the price? http://www.firstlight.net/ So that you can stay in New England

• @dnwk said:
    Have you check with them and see the price? http://www.firstlight.net/ So that you can stay in New England

Hmm, are they any good? I haven't heard of them before.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited March 2014

@MassNodes said:
    Hmm, are they any good? I haven't heard of them before.

I don't know. headquartered in the same town as turnkeyinternet, so I have heard the company. But I guess there isn't anyone offer service at those states in this forum.

• @dnwk - I dont think they offer colo in MA

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited March 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    dnwk - I dont think they offer colo in MA

Yes. Not in MA....