Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CrownCloud LA KVM network test, more tests to come
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CrownCloud LA KVM network test, more tests to come

cnbeiningcnbeining Member
edited February 2014 in Reviews

Just got my server from @SpeedBus ...Thanks again.

Visualization:KVM

root@la-kvm-*******:~# wget http://freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)

Number of cores : 4

CPU frequency : 2266.852 MHz

Total amount of ram : 495 MB

Total amount of swap : 0 MB

System uptime : 5:35,

Download speed from CacheFly: 8.79MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 2.67MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.89MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.19MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 1.39MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.30MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.27MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 3.33MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 7.06MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.50MB/s

I/O speed : 21.2 MB/s

Little bit slow for a VPS in LA? I thought it would be better, maybe can burst a little bit than 100M... And the IO is kinds of lower than expected, maybe someone else is also running benchmark at the same time? But it is not the OVZ node...

And, the machine had shut down by itself for 2 times today...

I will post the serverbear benchmark after it finished...

Anyway, @SpeedBus nice guy, thank you.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

said: KVM

What drivers did you set?

• @jarland said:
    What drivers did you set?

virtio

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

Working on this(network), need to get a few things sorted off tonight with the other new server coming in as well which should fix off things for good on the switch. I'll have a look into the IO, shouldn't be that low for sure, Also, I'd appreciate if you'd given me an opportunity to look into this by contacting us via ticket/email/pm, since that's how we go about support.

• @SpeedBus said:
    Working on this(network), need to get a few things sorted off tonight with the other new server coming in as well which should fix off things for good on the switch. I'll have a look into the IO, shouldn't be that low for sure, Also, I'd appreciate if you'd given me an opportunity to look into this by contacting us via ticket/email/pm, since that's how we go about support.

Well...I did not mean to complain, if I find something really strange, I would definitely open a ticket. Thanks again for the machine.

I would like to mention that, the speed to Chinese Mainland is much better than what 's shown in these tests. In fact, much better than another VPS of mine, which uses HE. Without using Asian-optimisticed route. For a US VPS facing China, that 's a nice job.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Hi,

No problems, I/O should be better at the moment, will have a look on that again in a few mins.

Regarding network, if you're on Debian/Ubuntu I'd suggest using the Intel E1100 network driver or else if you're on CentOS stick to the VirtIO one as you're using.

Network might be better off now, since we had a dedicated server client who was migrating in a load of data in/out his machine and since it was taking a while we pushed his server to Full Gbit which caused a slight issue on other machines since he was maxing out the Gbit for a good part of the day, he has finished moving his files from what I last herd from him, and his server has been pushed back onto the 100 Mbit which will ensure that we don't encounter anything like this again.

Thanks!