Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free 2GB OpenVZ Trial VPS's - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free 2GB OpenVZ Trial VPS's

2»

Comments

• PM sent

• @OkieDoke said:
    What does this even do lol?

Good things. Good things. Only good things can happen :)

• Sent a PM the other day. Can't wait to test this out. ^_^

• Curious which location is it? Network speed sounds great.

• @DalComp said:
    Curious which location is it? Network speed sounds great.

Buffalo

• Can we buy the server when the trail over

• DerekDerek Member
    edited February 2014

casper253 said: Can we buy the server when the trail over

Yes, but 2GB of ram isn't an available plan :(, so you'll have the option to update/downgrade to the plan you wish.

@DalComp said:
    Curious which location is it? Network speed sounds great.

Buffalo, NY. 1Gbps Network.

Just caught up with the PM's, still have a lot of available space/IP's to give out.

• What the lowest plan you have and cost

• Hi. I am lookiing for VPS similar to DigitalOcean where Primecoin/Protoshare mining is allowed. I intend to find a server for Protoshare mining so RAM is actually needed. It should be 512Mb / core. Although via testing It is good not to use 100% of RAM in Protoshare mining. I am interested if you allow such. Example for a server that has 4 cores and 2Gb RAM. What can be used is 3 cores and 1.5Gb RAM for mining where 1 core and 512Mb is left for normal operation. Can you please give me feedback. Thanks.

• casper253 said: What the lowest plan you have and cost

Soon to released, but it'll be under $7 :).

@ricdem99 said:
    Hi. I am lookiing for VPS similar to DigitalOcean where Primecoin/Protoshare mining is allowed. I intend to find a server for Protoshare mining so RAM is actually needed. It should be 512Mb / core. Although via testing It is good not to use 100% of RAM in Protoshare mining. I am interested if you allow such. Example for a server that has 4 cores and 2Gb RAM. What can be used is 3 cores and 1.5Gb RAM for mining where 1 core and 512Mb is left for normal operation. Can you please give me feedback. Thanks.

Mining will only be allowed on one core. This is due to the amount of resources it consumes.

Already had others test out minerd and few other programs and received about 8-10kH/s.

• ricdem99ricdem99 Member
    edited February 2014

Hi, Can you please test this miner using the setup I described above (75% system resources) and re-evaluate if it is acceptable.

https://github.com/thbaumbach/ptsminer

This is the beeeeer.org Protoshares Miner. The most effective setup would be to use only 512MB memory per core.

Compiling instructions for Debian 7.0
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335164.0

Use ./ptsminer PTS Address 3 27 sse4

means to run 3 threads
    27 means use 512MB memory per thread
    sse4 for intel optimized or you can use avx but sse4 is faster.

Thanks. Hoping for feedback.

• DerekDerek Member
    edited February 2014

ricdem99 said: Hi, Can you please test this miner using the setup I described above (75% system resources) and re-evaluate if it is acceptable.

https://github.com/thbaumbach/ptsminer

This is the beeeeer.org Protoshares Miner. The most effective setup would be to use only >512MB memory per core.

Compiling instructions for Debian 7.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335164.0

Use ./ptsminer PTS Address 3 27 sse4

means to run 3 threads 27 means use 512MB memory per thread sse4 for intel optimized or >you can use avx but sse4 is faster.

Thanks. Hoping for feedback.

>

//removed

Code works, just needs more then one thing installed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335164.msg3702320#msg3702320
    https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=234.msg6311#msg6311

I'd just recommend using this for scrypt-based mining for now. :/ I will test different algorithms as well.

Added:

What I recommend using is Option 25 or 26, the rest use to much memory.

./ptsminer Protoshares 1 25 sse4

edited February 2014

I have tested it with OpenVZ and KVM - Debian 7.0 (64 bit) and it works. I just don't know the configuration on their servers though.

All i did was follow the installation guide on my OpenVZ and it works.

• DerekDerek Member
    edited February 2014

ricdem99 said: I have tested it with OpenVZ and KVM - Debian 7.0 (64 bit) and it works. I just don't know the configuration on their servers though.

All i did was follow the installation guide on my OpenVZ and it works.

Yeah, took me a second after reading one post about CUDA, then I started looking more into it and figured out what was missing.

edited February 2014

Sorry I found the most updated Guide for that

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/2043-ultimate-guide-to-cloud-mining-protoshares/

This is the DigitalOcean guide thingy. I use Debian 7.0 because it has a fewer update than Ubuntu. The Ubuntu setup is longer. I also use supervisor to ensure that the miner is running all the time. Hmmm since I have done extensive testing maybe I should just write a guide about this lol.

Much appreaciate if you want to compete with DigitalOcean on this.

Tip: Primecoin mining however does not need a lot of RAM but a lot of CPU though. I run mine at tortois.es where they automatically identify my CPU usage to SLA : bulk all 8 cores have like 40-60% usage. But I am satisfied.

Every guide I see has DigitalOcean reference. Honestly, I just want other provider that would compete with them or guide that does not link to them. More choices for consumers.

• ricdem99 said: Every guide I see has DigitalOcean reference. Honestly, I just want other provider that would compete with them or guide that does not link to them. More choices for consumers.

It works, took me a second playing around, its just that I'm recommending 25-26 instead of 27.

• hi derek. i've sent you a pm :)

• @Derek PM sent (:

• @painfreepc said:

They generate it from the first words on the page.
    Meta keywords are worthless.
    The Meta description however is slightly used for determining the keywords you rank for and is shown in the SERPs. If you have zero search engine traffic and never have any intention to get any. Then it's ok.

Trusting Google to grab the right meta description is a big no-no in the SEO industry.

source moz.com / hubspot.com

P.s. Getting your seo knowledge from stackoverflow is hilarious.

edited February 2014

Derek if you do decide to make a plan for Protoshares mining please give me a heads up :) I would be interested. I think Protoshares mining would be profitable than Primecoin since XPM needs more cores while Protoshares rely on memory that you can adjust for your needs anyway.

I have not tested 26. I have tested 27 and 28. 27 finds more shares faster than 28. 27 found 3 shares while the 28 setup is struggling. Though I dont understand why since the 28 setup is using 1GB of RAM while the 27 uses only 512 MB. I think this miner is optimized on the 512MB. I have not tried the lower settings because if you type ./ptsminer --help the 25 is captioned (not recommended) by the developer.

• All requests should be caught up now, still looking for people to try out these VPS's.

• PM sent

• karistuck said: PM sent

VPS sent :)

Still looking for more people :)

• Pm sent :)

• PM Sent.

• I'd be happy to do some testing, but I don't qualify :(

• check pm...

• Ok, most PM's should be caught up except for a few, just a reminder that mining is only permitted on ONE CORE. Also, still looking for about 50 more people to signup :).

• What are the specs of your dedicated server(s)?