Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Tutorial] Build Your Ultimate Scrambled VPN - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Tutorial] Build Your Ultimate Scrambled VPN

124»

Comments

• Hi,
    in the first paragraph you mentioned that It usually takes GFW 30 minutes or less to block your connection.

do you mean only for openvpn or other mentioned connections or for all kinds of proxy we use in Iran like zebedee ?

as you may be aware of, there is blocking method in Iran's internet which blocks peoples connection with proxy servers for a short period of time after their connection is spotted.

if so do you think if its possible to scramble the zebedee's packets as well in order to not losing the connection with the server ?

Thank you for your time put in this tutorial.

• As far as I know, GFW is only targeting plain OpenVPN connection. China sold Iran the GFW technology, so the same should apply.

This tutorial is somewhat dated, I would recommend that you look into Shadowsocks. It basically mimic regular HTTPS traffic and it is hard for the firewall to detect.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • noamannoaman Member
    edited March 2015

You can use stunnel on port 443 or. Shadowsocks....both are easy to configure

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Nice guide. Thank you.

• john564john564 Member
    edited March 2015

scramble openvpn UDP seems blocked now in China, TCP still working

Anyone else seeing this.

• Not to spoil the party but you might want to consider that security agencies (usually) are a little smarter than it seems. What they often do is to limit options so as to a) raise the bar, and b) watch those who circumvent their barriers. After all, SA are more about finding offenders than about actually limiting access.
    So, sure, one can circumvent their barriers (like GFW) but one should keep in mind that it's not necessarily incompetence on their side when holes are left open.

Just saying

• i got a friend in china that wants on a vpn, anyone got a link to a guide or do i just setup on port 443 and obsfsproxy ?

• what he wanted

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@bashed said:
    i got a friend in china that wants on a vpn, anyone got a link to a guide or do i just setup on port 443 and obsfsproxy ?

Use shadowsocks

• Thanks! You've clearly put a lot of work into this.

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited September 2015

bashed said: i got a friend in china that wants on a vpn, anyone got a link to a guide or do i just setup on port 443 and obsfsproxy ?

WIP, but simple enough: https://silvenga.com/openvpn-obfuscating/

• currently shadowsocks is the besy way to go around gfw, but just like openvpn or softether, only time will tell how long this will last.

• EliasElias Member
    edited February 2016

@netomx said:
    Use shadowsocks

Are there any working shadowsocks for OpenVZ step by step tutorials for China GFW here?
    please advice

• @Elias said:
    please advice

What do you mean shadowsocks for OpenVPN?

Shadowsocks is a proxy itself, not for anything.

Have you tried to find a tutorial using a search engine?

• I have edited. Mean OpenVZ. automatically typen OpenVPN ))

• One more question, nowadays whats the best solution for bypass China GFW? still shadowsocks? what do you think about softether compared to other methods?

• One more question, nowadays whats the best solution for bypass China GFW? still shadowsocks? what do you think about softether compared to other methods?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Elias said:
    please advice

Like, all the tutorials?

• @netomx said:
    Like, all the tutorials?

like, one working for CentOS would be enough.

• Thanks Halczy! Your tutorial got me a majority of the way there.

• softether is not faster after I use , China GFW defeat it ,
    at the beginning I can not imagine how fast is it , but now only few kb
    any update about defeat the Fw?
    thanks