Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fliphost (Dedicated Server) Review - Wow
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fliphost (Dedicated Server) Review - Wow

edited February 2014 in Reviews

I'll start off this review by saying that I'm not VPS/Linux/Dedicated Server/Server Doohickey expert, but this is what I've found for Fliphost, with my dedicated server:

Support

I need to start off by saying the support at Fliphost is phenomenal. I've never had to wait any more than 30 minutes for a ticket response, and quite a few times I've had responses in under 10 minutes, which is faster than most providers. They are very knowledgable about what they do, and they take pride in it.

Network

I've tested pings from around the US on their network, and for the most part it is very good. There are a few quirks (Some odd pings to st louis and western canada, but those seem to happen to more than 1 provider). The upload/download speed is what it should be for my uplink (100Mbps and ~11-12 MBs upload/download). The uptime is also very good, and is basically the same as what they promised on their website if not better.

Server hardware

I personally got the Dedicated 101 package that was offered on lowendbox.com a while ago because they still had a deal running on it. The server has been performing very well for it's price point and I'm very happy with it, everything is correct and it functions accordingly (no malfunctions I've seen as of yet)

Conclusion

Assuming they still have the promotion going on, Fliphost thus far has done a very good job of assuring that their customers are happy, that their network is running without issue, and that the servers they run are running fine.

I'll update this post if any of this ever changes. Also, this is my personal experience with them. It's not a guarantee that yours will be the same, but they have been a good host thus far to me.

Thanked by 1Wintereise

Comments

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited February 2014

thanks for the review.
    ive been seriously considering grabbing a fliphost vps;
    i hear nothign but good things about them;
    its also nice knowing they are run by the same guys that run CloudShards. (fu**ing excellent network !)

my only complaint, is i wish they had a los angeles presence.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

@darkshire We have SSD KVM in LA:

http://lowendbox.com/blog/fliphost-4month-1gb-and-7month-2gb-ssd-kvm-vps-in-los-angeles/

For other types of servers you will have to go through the Cloudshards brand for LA ATM

• I'm curious, how long exactly have you been a customer of theirs?

• @gutshotz said:
    I'm curious, how long exactly have you been a customer of theirs?

A few weeks at this point, hence saying my opinion could possibly change, but my time thus far has beemn very good.

• Thanks for the positive feedback. Promo is still running, but not for too long.

If you don't mind posting the quirks on the odd routing here (yes, let's be open), happy to take a look. We're looking to pick up another transit carrier to exactly fill the gap, so your input on what the exact issues are would be appreciated. Always looking to improve.

Fliphost said: For other types of servers you will have to go through the Cloudshards brand for LA ATM

We colo with MultaCOM right now so we sort of do. As to fully rolling our own networks and gear across like we do in Dallas - it's pinned for 2014 most likely, not IPv6 style :). Will be done after we finish our Dallas expansions (which are still on going).

And eh Fliphost stealing all the thunder. I guess it's time Cloud Shards posts something cool too.

concerto49 said: And eh Fliphost stealing all the thunder. I guess it's time Cloud Shards posts something cool too.

That's my job ;)

• Are there any stock? If so, may you PM me the order link?

• @concerto49 said:
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Promo is still running, but not for too long.

If you don't mind posting the quirks on the odd routing here (yes, let's be open), happy to take a look. We're looking to pick up another transit carrier to exactly fill the gap, so your input on what the exact issues are would be appreciated. Always looking to improve.

Ping to st louis and western canada is a bit on the high side, though for west CA that is to be expected. Though, my ping tests could be off.

• Can you add templates to cdrom control tab ? Because currently I cannot reload os with iso.
    Thank you.

@Tammy If you are referring to the SSD KVM then just open a ticket and we manually mount ISOs for you.

• Void_Whisperer said: Ping to st louis and western canada is a bit on the high side, though for west CA that is to be expected. Though, my ping tests could be off.

Can I have the actual traces? PM me if you prefer. Going to see where the actual routes go.

Brad said: Are there any stock? If so, may you PM me the order link?

https://sales.fliphost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=132&promocode=Queryfoundry

OR if you prefer our latest UNMETERED promotions, https://www.cloudshards.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=150

• I agree with Viod..., Fliphost and Cloud Shards are two great companies to work with. Fast friendly support, uptime etc., if your looking for a good dedicated box you don't need to look anywhere else. Ive been really happy so far.

@javaj Happy to have you with us :D

• Dear, I palced my orders five days(More than 3 business days) ago and till my server still not online. How long should I wait for my server to be loaded. Thanks!

I have submitted a ticket. Alex Wacker told me: Setup time averages 3 business days not including weekends.
    But now, more than 3 business days.
    I would just as soon setup

• @yu8585620 said:

Good luck! They had mine setup in under 12 hours.

• yu8585620 said: I have submitted a ticket. Alex Wacker told me: Setup time averages 3 business days not including weekends. But now, more than 3 business days. I would just as soon setup

PM me the ticket. I'll check it for you.

There's a few things. We're waiting for RMA returns which took longer than expect to due huge shipping delays - Atlanta snow and other reasons.

• yu8585620yu8585620 Member
    edited February 2014

@concerto49
    My friend, buy 2th, 4th online.
    But now. I do not have any messages

• yu8585620 said: @concerto49 My friend, buy 2th, 4th online. But now. I do not have any messages

We've replied to the ticket. There's been a lot of weather disruptions across the US on shipping. A refund has been offered and we do apologize for the delay.