Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AjaXplorer alike programs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AjaXplorer alike programs?

darkconzdarkconz Member
edited April 2012 in Help

I am wondering if anyone can recommend something similar to AjaXplorer. The company I am working for is currently using AjaXplorer to share files with our clients but there are some limitations on AjaXplorer which we cannot get around to.

For example, when you create a repository, all of the user with viewing ability on that repository can see all the files. We want to remove viewing access for like 2 files in that repository and that cannot be done...

The other thing is, AjaXplorer seems very slow.. Maybe its the shared hosting the company I am working for is using right now. I am trying to move everything to a VPS to get a better speed and performance but on the new VPS I want to see if there are any alternatives to AjaXplorer.

If you know any, please let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• debugdebug Member

Do you still want the ajaxy-like interface?

• Yeah, the company prefers something with a tree view and icons ><''

• Anyone know? :(

• SimplyfastSimplyfast Member
    edited April 2012

extPlorer - good one.
    AjaxPlorer is slow as hell.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Alfresco. But it's heavy on resources

• 1q11q1 Member
    edited May 2012

Why don't you just use sftp + filezilla/other sftp clients? You can grant file access permissions (by using unix users) as you wish.

• @1q1 said: Why don't you just use sftp + filezilla/other sftp clients? You can grant file access permissions (by using unix users) as you wish.

For the same reason they wanted a tree view and icons? That is... user friendliness?

• 1q11q1 Member

@DimeCadmium said: For the same reason they wanted a tree view and icons? That is... user friendliness?

Is filezilla not user friendly enough? Filezilla has tree view and icons as well.

• debugdebug Member

Maybe because AjaXplorer is a web interface and he doesn't want to download programs?

• klikliklikli Member

Seriously, I think Google Docs/Drive has everything you want. ACL, blazing fast speed, native desktop sync client and web interface.

• They want something with web interface and not having to download stuff. Some of their clients machines do not have permission to install programs...

• jcalebjcaleb Member

there are file explorer programs for popular CMS (e.g. WP)