Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with setting up VPSs - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help with setting up VPSs

2»

Comments

• And not sure what Apache HTTPd Is. Sorry.

This!

• I didn't know them sites existed

• so if your "friend" does the main stuff why are you asking here? ask ur "friend"?

• @Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what the guys are saying is that they are VPS sellers themselves, and they don't want to help you to compete with them.

I wonder what the response would be if you asked the question differently

Hey, I have muccho wonga but no brains for sysadmin. Who wants to earn themselves a bundle by creating a company for me to run

• Joooooooo seriously,
    how old are you?

• @Joooooooo So you're telling me you understand the details about dd and that parameters can be specified to take advantage of raw physical I/O, and know prices of WHMCS (both without googling, umm sure...), and you set up another hosting company, but don't know what Apache httpd is?

• All this popcorn for only writing a few "basic knowledge" questions :).

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2014

i have opened a auto repair shop

please tell me how to overhaul a engine,

please tell me how to replace brakes,

please tell me how to replace water pump,

please tell me how to do wheel alignment,

• Good point @painfreepc
    Anyways I found some good VPS software that will allow me to create CloudVPS servers.

Ill be selling these servers for literally, as low as $1/gb (RAM) for servers that need ram or cPanel webhosts for $1 every 100Gb, :)

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2014

@Joooooooo said:
    Good point painfreepc
    Anyways I found some good VPS software that will allow me to create CloudVPS servers.

Ill be selling these servers for literally, as low as $1/gb (RAM) for servers that need ram or cPanel webhosts for $1 every 100Gb, :)

are you a joke, is the early april fools

• No its not.

I must state something though, these servers are not HUGE on processing power, running minecraft is not a good idea. Im spreading 10 VPS servers on a single processor thats only 3.70Ghz.

Dont reccomend anything server intensive. But what im selling's good for the price

• Get a Dedicated Server with a few ip's, set it up, add user accounts, ask for testers,

• @MuZo said:

That is the old one, the new upgrade come with AutoBoot (TM)

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • Joooooooo said: Anyways I found some good VPS software that will allow me to create CloudVPS servers

Ok, and what software would that be? Cloudstack? OpenNebula? Proxmox? Also, by cloud are you referring to HA, or using it simply for the heck of it? However, if you don't even know what Apache is, and had to steal that paragraph on dd from some website, you shouldn't even think about doing this.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2014

HardCloud said: Q: What is the minimum amount of hard drives (or SSDs) required in a Dedicated Server to host Virtual Private Servers, accounting for performance and reliability? (hint: not 1)

It is 1, but I will advertise it as 4 enterprise drives in raid 10. If you complain about speed I will tell you backups were running.

Thanked by 1MitchellRobert
  • Hmmm, He rented me out a server via skyping with me, It was okay and it worked for good webhosting, but when I tried to run a bukkit server on it, nah, only ran about 13tps and that was with no other vpss on the dedi.

It wont be that great for java servers

But when his sites done, itll be fine for webservers. and it's cheap as crap. Thats because it kinda is...

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited February 2014

@Joooooooo said:
    You guys seem to talk about VPS servers alot

lol, welcome to lowend TALK.

*edit
    do i detect mazker ? ...

• Why don't the admins ban the troll...

• @MCServers4Cheap said:
    Hmmm, He rented me out a server via skyping with me, It was okay and it worked for good webhosting

Who rented you server?

• I did. Asshole said he'd gimme a good review

• Ok, just wanted to know for sure, considering both accounts and few othes belong to you.

This discussion has been closed.