Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Never seen any bad VPS service like this before
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Never seen any bad VPS service like this before

Using UGVPS since May 2013 and never had any issues till now but since last week i am experiencing the worst VPS / network service I ever had.

I am on Bufnode1, if anyone else have same issues please post some reviews.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Offtopyc: which site do you use for the mass ping? I've used justping, but seems like it is not available anymore.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:
    Offtopyc: which site do you use for the mass ping? I've used justping, but seems like it is not available anymore.

Using cloudmonitor

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:

Justping actually redirects to http://cloudmonitor.ca.com/en/ping.php which OP used. There's also http://super-ping.com or http://startping.com which is pretty nice too.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:

Cloudmonitor bought just-ping.

• I don't know what's your problem. The connection to Hongkong, China is okay.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • If you are worried about packet loss, try checking again after disabling your iptables rules or CSF

• @IceCream said:
    I don't know what's your problem. The connection to Hongkong, China is okay.

Are you using their service ?

• @peppr said:
    If you are worried about packet loss, try checking again after disabling your iptables rules or CSF

Two days ago in response to my support ticket they told me that the found an abuser.

My Iptables config is few months old and In order to change the configuration i need a stable connection. U fortunately i don't have that luxury.

• quddus said: My Iptables config is few months old and In order to change the configuration i need a stable connection. U fortunately i don't have that luxury.

ssh yourbox "sudo iptables -X; sudo iptables -t nat -F; sudo iptables -t nat -X; sudo iptables -t mangle -F; sudo iptables -t mangle -X ; sudo iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT; sudo iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT; sudo iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT"

Untested but HTH ;p

• I was hosted by UGVPS, it left me with a random nervous twitch from the left side of my face. :(

• @craigb said:
    Untested but HTH ;p

wont be able to flush the rules but i can stop the the service and test again.I only get the connection for sec.

But would definitely try stopping the service and will post the results of my bufnode1 node VPS.

Below is my 2nd VPS which is doing nothing (results without iptables)

• Yeah, buffalo is getting smashed for some reason, and has been going on for awhile. I got 12 notifications of downtime yesterday from GVH buffalo. So it is an issue with CC.

Mun

• @Mun said:
    Yeah, buffalo is getting smashed for some reason, and has been going on for awhile. I got 12 notifications of downtime yesterday from GVH buffalo. So it is an issue with CC.

Mun

I really appreciate your feedback.
    Any idea for how long we will have to experience these issues.

I am not getting any notifications from UGVPS.

• Its been off and on, but there has been packet loss for awhile now.

• @Mun said:
    Its been off and on, but there has been packet loss for awhile now.

Thanks Mun
    Hope they would fix this issue soon.

• I was getting packet loss in Chicago yesterday, weird. CC was probably getting slammed.

• leckleyleckley Member
    edited February 2014

@TheCTS said:
    I was getting packet loss in Chicago yesterday, weird. CC was probably getting slammed.

@Mun said:
    Yeah, buffalo is getting smashed for some reason, and has been going on for awhile. I got 12 notifications of downtime yesterday from GVH buffalo. So it is an issue with CC.

Mun

We have a lot of equipment in both Chicago & Buffalo, no known issues here and we certainly haven't seen any high levels of packetloss.

We host a lot of game and voice servers using CC for network all over the USA, if there were issues like this our support desk would be flooded.

• @leckley said:
    Its not an issue specifically with ColoCrossing, we have a lot of equipment in Buffalo & Chicago - zero issues here...and we host a lot of game and voice servers with them in all of their locations.

Ohh really? So please explain to me why MTR reported the issue at CC's level?

Mun

• leckleyleckley Member
    edited February 2014

@Mun said:
    Ohh really? So please explain to me why MTR reported the issue at CC's level?

>

Mun

That is impossible without seeing your inbound and outbound MTR - post them up and I will be more than happy to take a look.

To that end, you do realize there is an inbound route to a network and outbound right? Just because you see packetloss on the inbound does not mean the real issue isn't on your route back.

Like I said before, we haven't seen any high levels of packetloss, downtime or otherwise in Buffalo or Chicago. Comcast has been running into a variety of issues as of late, but that has nothing to do with ColoCrossing at all.

• @leckley said:
    Like I said before, we haven't seen any high levels of packetloss, downtime or otherwise in Buffalo or Chicago. Comcast has been running into a variety of issues as of late, but that has nothing to do with ColoCrossing at all.

What I got out of this is CC is using Comcast home internet for there outbound. LMAO!

I no longer have my MTR as it wasn't important for me to keep records of the data loss. In any case the packet loss originated at the CC hop with 90% packet loss all the way down to the VPS node itself, there was no packet loss anywhere else on the route. However, with 90% packet loss you can't really SSH into a server. I also tested from multiple locations and all originated at the same spot.

However, as biloh points out, I am an idiot and have no idea what I am doing, so it must be comcast's fault for all my slow disk IO/ packet loss / low network throughput on my GVH and bluevm servers that I have in there flagship DC in good old Buffalo NY.

Mun

• Could you get someone qualified to get my VPS going one of these days?
    You stuffed up the ip address, the ssh port and who knows what you do that we don't know about.
    I paid. Honour the contract.

• leckleyleckley Member
    edited February 2014

@Mun said:
    What I got out of this is CC is using Comcast home internet for there outbound. LMAO!

I no longer have my MTR as it wasn't important for me to keep records of the data loss. In > any case the packet loss originated at the CC hop with 90% packet loss all the way down to > the VPS node itself, there was no packet loss anywhere else on the route. However, with > > 90% packet loss you can't really SSH into a server. I also tested from multiple locations and all > originated at the same spot.

However, as biloh points out, I am an idiot and have no idea what I am doing, so it must be > comcast's fault for all my slow disk IO/ packet loss / low network throughput on my GVH > > and bluevm servers that I have in there flagship DC in good old Buffalo NY.

Mun

Honestly, based on this response I would have to agree with him.

No where in my response did I say anything about ColoCrossing using Comcast for their outbound routing nor do they do so beyond Dallas where they have direct peering in place with Comcast.

I do not doubt that you were seeing issues, not one bit, but I do doubt that the issue is occurring with the Buffalo datacenter network as I have personally not seen any issues there nor have we had any complaints in regards to networking issues from our clients (That said, ColoCrossing did have a network drop in Dallas last night to a attack on the network there.)

As to Comcast, Comcast handles a significant amount of network for A LOT of datacenters here in the USA, including premiums like SoftLayer and lowend ones like FDC Servers. Having Comcast onsite when possible is a GREAT thing considering a huge chunk of the USA uses them for their ISP, especially here on the East Coast.

Comcast has also been having quite a few issues over the past 1-2 weeks across all of the USA as we have seen users drop from our services with ColoCrossing and with SoftLayer at the exact same time even though the users are all over the Central & Eastern USA.

You may want to learn more about how networking works before you speak too much further as honestly your responses just make you look ignorant.

@ElaborateRuse said:
    Could you get someone qualified to get my VPS going one of these days?
    You stuffed up the ip address, the ssh port and who knows what you do that we don't know about.
    I paid. Honour the contract.

Is this in regards to us? If so, email me directly [email protected] and I will make sure your issue gets resolved immediately and credit(s) applied if the issue was due to our mistake.

If this is not to us, I wish you the best of luck!

• is this a 56k modem powered VPS?

• @leckley

The first part was a joke, and if you didn't get that from the "LMAO!" then I apologize for not putting it between two sarcastic tags.

The issue with your idea on comcast effecting my server is that comcast isn't in the route.

In any case, I saw packetloss on two different routes effecting CC at CC ... i.e. host.colocrossing.com. Neither route has comcast in it.

You also stated that you just saw Comcast users drop off, yet I could clearly still ping my server, but with large amounts of packet loss.

To tell you the trust I don't even know why I respond to you. Both Biloh and you just call people idiots because that is the easiest way to throw them under the rug. The more and more I talk to you people the more and more I get a bad taste in my mouth about ever hosting with you guys.

Mun

• As you can see from the above there was a massive dip in outgoing. So the server was effected as well.

Mun

• @Mun said:
    leckley

The first part was a joke, and if you didn't get that from the "LMAO!" then I apologize for not putting it between two sarcastic tags.

The issue with your idea on comcast effecting my server is that comcast isn't in the route.

In any case, I saw packetloss on two different routes effecting CC at CC ... i.e. host.colocrossing.com. Neither route has comcast in it.

You also stated that you just saw Comcast users drop off, yet I could clearly still ping my server, but with large amounts of packet loss.

To tell you the trust I don't even know why I respond to you. Both Biloh and you just call people idiots because that is the easiest way to throw them under the rug. The more and more I talk to you people the more and more I get a bad taste in my mouth about ever hosting with you guys.

Mun

You are again putting words in my mouth, I never once said your issue had anything to do with Comcast nor did I ever call you an idiot.

The reading comprehension issues aside, you may want to review your posts a bit more before you make them public as they in all honesty look like knee jerk reactions and have little substance beyond making you look ignorant of the topic for which you speak.

So far in this thread the only thing I can see you trying to accomplish is the bashing of ColoCrossing and those who disagree with you.

Further, I never once said you were lying about having issues or otherwise, I only challenged your "assessment" of where the issue lies being that we are not seeing any issues and neither are any of our dozen SmokePing monitors around the world - this isn't my first rodeo.

I even offered to review your MTR's in effort to assist you...

As far as a bad taste about us, unless I am mistaken beyond this thread we have never met and if we have and I rubbed you the wrong way, email me and I square it away with you as I do not leave any of my encounters undone.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2014

@leckley You do realize most Datacenters including ColoCrossing segment their network and it is likely you are on a separate segment than GVH/UGVPS/CVPS/etc? It is known that there have been ongoing network issues with concerns to GVH especially after their whole "100TB" bandwidth scam that didn't end up working out well for them. Likely still some people left using the offer who are causing over utilization of GVH's ports, thus the packet loss @Mun is seeing. However, as this has to do with GVH directly and not your company or its use of ColoCrossings network I am not sure why you felt the need to step in here.

It really has nothing to do with you other than you got butthurt someone called ColoCrossings network crappy. You would be better to allow CC/GVH/UGVPS or whatever brand of CC or their subsidiaries to step up and field issues regarding their own services instead of pretending like you have any idea of how they run the other segments of their network. In the end, your the one who looks ignorant from here.

Just saying.

Cheers!